Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

Try to set it as USBSTOR_BULK or as USBSTOR_CB instead of USBSTOR_BULK_AUTH. Let's see what happens.

Looking at the INFs in 2k driver may be instructive also...

With USBSTOR_BULK it doesn't work at all.

With USBSTOR_CB it asked for usbntmap and detect some generioc IEEE 1394 tape unit but throw a BSOD on me

http://rayer.ic.cz/350d/usbstor_cb.jpg

after reboot it doesnt't work too (code 10).

.....I've decide to release my current version of the USBSTOR.INF, for what it may be worth. It corrects the error you mentioned and adds one more floppy (Citizen X1 USB FDD = IOMEGA USB FDD), one more camera (Samsung Digimax 220) and a commented out line that installs wdmstub.sys.......

:hello:

Dencorso, you might want to apply your fixes to USBSTOR.INF v1.09 2007-11-20 (The latest one I could find) from Maximus Decim Cumulative Update for 98SE v3.05 (MDCU305e). Link below.

USBSTOR.INF_v1.09_2007_11_20.zip

HTH

:)

.....I've decide to release my current version of the USBSTOR.INF, for what it may be worth. It corrects the error you mentioned and adds one more floppy (Citizen X1 USB FDD = IOMEGA USB FDD), one more camera (Samsung Digimax 220) and a commented out line that installs wdmstub.sys.......

:hello:

Dencorso, you might want to apply your fixes to USBSTOR.INF v1.09 2007-11-20 (The latest one I could find) from Maximus Decim Cumulative Update for 98SE v3.05 (MDCU305e). Link below.

USBSTOR.INF_v1.09_2007_11_20.zip

HTH

:)

thx, in usbstor.inf its too new detect:

%GenericCBI.DeviceDesc%=USBSTOR_CBI, USB\Class_08&SubClass_04&Prot_00

With USBSTOR_BULK it doesn't work at all.

With USBSTOR_CB it asked for usbntmap and detect some generioc IEEE 1394 tape unit but throw a BSOD on me

http://rayer.ic.cz/350d/usbstor_cb.jpg

after reboot it doesnt't work too (code 10).

There are still two more attempts to be made: USBSTOR_CBI and USBSTOR_CBI_U2A. In case neither works, set it as USBSTOR_BULKNO, and we proceed to add a new driver for it. If so, one of theseXP drivers may be of help, but no one will install directly, so I do hope we'll not need to try that.
Dencorso, you might want to apply your fixes to USBSTOR.INF v1.09 2007-11-20 (The latest one I could find) from Maximus Decim Cumulative Update for 98SE v3.05 (MDCU305e).
Wow. I had missed that one! Sure. Attached is the new, consolidated, USBSTOR.INF, incorporating MD's mods and mine. So this one is the most updated version of the USBSTOR.INF for NUSB, as of today.

Thanks a lot, ElectricString, you do rock!

USBSTOR.7z

Now I'm sure it is Smart Card reader. It's driver consist of

23.01.2009 11:09 245 760 RTSUCCID.DLL

23.01.2009 11:11 6 818 RTSUCCID.INF

23.01.2009 11:12 42 496 RTSUCCID.SYS

05.03.2009 09:10 8 249 RTSUCCID.CAT

http://rayer.ic.cz/350d/smartcardrv.zip

First I checked the SYS file with WDMCHECK and it doesn't contains any missing imports

so no WDMSTUB.SYS needed. I tried to install it but it failed to install. I was trying to

modify inf (first convert from unicode) according other infs for win98 and make it installed

some way but it doesn't work. NTKERN couldnt load the RTSUCCID.SYS. But I don't understand

INF files much and what is different in 2k/xp to w9x. Please could you modify the inf file for Win98?

Oficial MSI driver / w9x - download: Starreader / MSI / w9x ?

Hello, Maximus, help with StarReader.

Edited by Philco

Of course, USBSTOR.INF must be updated by hand, in true DOS... Enjoy!

I've been following this recent technical discussion about INF files with some interest but I'm confused about a few things. I installed NUSB 3.3 a while back and it's been working great so far with every USB device. The only quirk I've noticed is that my LexarMedia JumpDrives don't get the Unplug/Eject system tray icon for some reason but they work fine. I suspect it may have something to do with remnants of the former proprietary drivers which I did uninstall before installing NUSB. Anyway, my Usbstor.inf is v.1.08 with a date/timestamp of 16-Nov-2007, 12:58:50pm. I'm confused where the v.1.09 of Usbstor.inf mentioned in several posts came from. And exactly how do I update Usbstor.inf "by hand, in true DOS"? Do you mean use the DOS copy command? Thanks for the help.

Update, by hand, in true DOS means out of Windows.

Here's one of the many ways to do it:

(i) while in Windows:

Create a temporary folder and extract USBSTOR.INF to it;

Rename USBSTOR.INF to USBSTOR.NEW;

Move USBSTOR.NEW to C:\WINDOWS\INF;

Delete the temporary folder you created just for this procedure;

Click on Start and select "Restart in MS-DOS mode".

(ii) in DOS, issue the following commands, at the prompt:

cd \

cd \WINDOWS\INF <Enter>

ren USBSTOR.INF *.OLD <Enter>

ren USBSTOR.NEW *.INF <Enter>

exit <Enter>

(iii) Windows will restart, and your update is done.

[Hello, Maximus, help with StarReader.

Try this:

1. Go http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...p;GetDown=false

2. Download RTS5101/RTS5111/RTS5116 Win98/2K Driver (ZIP file)

3. Unpack .zip, unpack .cab (i6comp.exe)

4. Edit setup.ini (add "VIDPID17=0BDA0161" string in [VIDPID] section)

5. Run setup.exe

6. Test

Edited by maximus-decim

Try this:

1. Go http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...p;GetDown=false

2. Download RTS5101/RTS5111/RTS5116 Win98/2K Driver (ZIP file)

3. Unpack .zip, unpack .cab (i6comp.exe)

4. Edit setup.ini (add "VIDPID17=0BDA0161" string in [VIDPID] section)

5. Run setup.exe

6. Test

I did, it installed OK, restart, detected cardreader, restart againg but then I got ! error marker in devmgr. So it seems the chipset is different and will not work with older driver...

There are still two more attempts to be made: USBSTOR_CBI and USBSTOR_CBI_U2A. In case neither works, set it as USBSTOR_BULKNO, and we proceed to add a new driver for it. If so, one of theseXP drivers may be of help, but no one will install directly, so I do hope we'll not need to try that.

USBSTOR_CBI - restart after install, ! error mark code 10

USBSTOR_CBI_U2A - installed without restart but device disappeared from device manager and when I have plugged reader in USB Pc hangs.

Same after reboot. If I unplug it works normally

USBSTOR_BULKNO - installed OK but it is dummy if I understand.

So I think there's no otker way than XP drivers.

Yeah, USBSTOR_BULKNO is dummy that allows you to install other drivers without having to disable USBSTOR.INF.

Using this setting, you might be able to use NUSB for all slots but the one that NUSB cannot handle, and then add another driver just for that slot.

Yeah, USBSTOR_BULKNO is dummy that allows you to install other drivers without having to disable USBSTOR.INF.

Using this setting, you might be able to use NUSB for all slots but the one that NUSB cannot handle, and then add another driver just for that slot.

Yes but other slots worked even without making smartcard dummy. So only advantega is that I don't see ! error mark :)

Please could you look at INF of XP driver that I provided on link above if it would be possible to mod it for w98.

BTW MD, The Windows XP SP3 USBSTOR.INF adds three more Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer devices, and also a Casio Digital Camera device.

Did you also see the usbvideo.inf it also has drivers.

Did you guys add these updates?

No, it adds a new class, USBSTOR_CBI_NR... I think it's better to leave that to Maximus-Decim, who knows NUSB much better than any of us, to add them, in case he finds it possible.