Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

It sure does, and my new PC has a DVD burner. But, I don't want to waste another Blank CD for a max. of 100 megs of drivers and such. Because i already have plenty of CD-R's with lots of free space on them. Is there a way to re-use/add data to these CD-R's if their capacity is NOT full?

A CD is what......10 cents if that much?

:lol:

1. Ever heard of CD-RW (rewritable CD)?

2. I get TDK DVDs here for less than $1/pc. Jewel case included. CDs are about 5pc. for $1.

3. Crosslink cable is what you need for connecting both machines' NICs. Make sure you set IPs in the same class (i.e 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2) and workgroup is identical on both.

in nero you can save the session and you can add files later as long as you set the multisession option

This almost never works for me with CD-R's. I am using nero 5.5.9.17, the check box for multisession is grayed out. I believe this also happens with me on nero 6.0.0.9.

3. Crosslink cable is what you need for connecting both machines' NICs. Make sure you set IPs in the same class (i.e 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2) and workgroup is identical on both.

Do you mean crossover cable? I think your right, but i'd rather not waste my money and buy one. With some effort, can't you change a straight cable to crossover and back again? And yes, i've heard of CD-RW's and those are the expensive discs. Luckily, i found a few, so i'm using one of them now.

Modifying a cable is not that easy, as you would have to replace the RJ45 outlets each time. You can find documentation on Standard ad Cross-over cables here.

As for Nero's multisession, I don't know what to say, it always worked for me in v5.5, 6.0 and 7.0. Not sure if it could have something to do with your particular burner hardware, I tested with a TEAC CD-W552 CD-burner and a Samsung SH-S182D DVD-burner. Just make sure you don't mix sessions burned with different types of software. I had some multisession CDs destroyed long time ago because first session was burned with Roxio and second one with Nero.

Didn't want to open a new topic for this, so here it is...

I found an overclocking USB mouse driver for 98SE and it seems it also works with WinME [and all other NTx Win32 OSes].

Found here:

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

File [386 KB, English + Russian]:

http://sweetlow.at.tut.by/download/hidusbf.zip

Mouse drivers web site [Russian]:

http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/15925.shtml

Make sure you read README.ENG.TXT [English] or README.RUS.TXT [Russian] first.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problems with this download. I installed the NUSB and restarted the computer. Afterwards, I connected my USB Flash Drive into the USB port. Nothing happened. So I went to control panel and went to Add Hardware and started the search. I find the USB drive in the list and said it had problem. So I try to push the update driver button and directed to the WINDOWS folder, it detected a driver and asked me to restart it. So I did. When I came back on I replugged the USB and it doesn't do anything. And when I went back to Add Hardware it still said there were problem with the driver. Help? Btw, I reinstalled like 3 times.

Edit: Turns out that my USB driver malfunctioned.

Edited by USBUser

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.2.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only for Windows 98SE !!!

Native (without installation of additional drivers

for each type) support USB flash drives, digital

photo and videocameras and other similar devices.

Remember! You install it at own risk!

Before installation remove ALL of driver

USB flash drivs, available in system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

English: http://rapidshare.com/files/8871959/nusb24e.exe.html

Russian: http://rapidshare.com/files/8871320/nusb24r.exe.html

What's new?

1.Add Apple iPod support

Have you removed USB FDD support finally?

Well, according to this:

%USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901.DeviceDesc%=USBSTOR_CBI,USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901
USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901.DeviceDesc = "Mitsumi USB Floppy"

seems no. Are you stating that all USB FDDs will fail?

Have you removed USB FDD support finally?

Well, according to this:

%USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901.DeviceDesc%=USBSTOR_CBI,USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901
USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901.DeviceDesc = "Mitsumi USB Floppy"

seems no. Are you stating that all USB FDDs will fail?

I'm discussing this topic here for more than 1.5 year and nobody reported any success.

The problem seems to be in Win98 DISKTSD.VXD that is incompatible with Windows Me files contained in NUSB - and Windows Me DISKTSD.VXD is incompatible with Windows 98 SE.

Petr