Convert to Sp2 from Sp1 or not?

raza

Should I change my Windows Xp from Sp1 to Sp2?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change my Windows Xp from Sp1 to Sp2?

• Yes.
    • Never.
    • Not right now.
    • Don't know.

:D Just do a simple google search using these keywords:

SP2 Problems

You will get: Results 1 - 10 of about 966,000 pages for SP2 Problems.

Now say only 10% of the results are actual SP2 problems.

That gives you 9,660 pages to look through.

Happy reading.

I'd upgrade to SP2 just for the experience! Again.

Treeman

that's what i i did: slipstream sp2 into my xp cd, then add ryanvm's pack, slipstream wmp 10 then nlited my xpcd and i have to say it's working great!!! no problems no nothing.... at least untill now.

so the whole thing about service packs and hotfixes is to improve windows. so upgrade!

No. I dont think he should disable the Windows XP. Because then you dont necessarly need a third part firewall. Sine you have your router firewall which is a barrier, and your windows firewall which is varly good!

I would use a third party firewall. And no spk2 is useless if your are not a newbie. It also add services that are slowing your computer... Spk2 is not the big deal like spk1. I had tested both and I had to come back to spk1a + some hotfixes. I dont miss none of security update.

I would use a third party firewall. And no spk2 is useless if your are not a newbie. It also add services that are slowing your computer... Spk2 is not the big deal like spk1. I had tested both and I had to come back to spk1a + some hotfixes. I dont miss none of security update.

Agreed with some of this. Third party firewall. If your only browsing and doing research there really no reason to use a third party. But for other reason such as gaming(because your giving out your IP), and if your using it as your work computer, then definitly use a third party firewall.

ftp server

bittorrent

ares

emule

limewire

are all good reason to use a third party firewall.

And my firewall update very often, it security base also, can you say the same thing about default firewall from xp ? :}

I agree in some cases. I mean on this computer i have a third party, but in my other computer which i do just as much and i do just about all of those things, not has happen yet to my computer. So i guess it just depends on the person's perspective, and how frequently they use those programs

Upgrade if you want really annoyng popups from windows security center. Probably everything in SP2 is great except these really stupid useless popups that tell you things you already know, like "downloading an .exe file could give you viruses!" (paraphrased). This part of SP2 is not customizeable, you really can't change how much it takes control of your computer, and I hate things that take control over my computer. I wouldn't have upgraded had I known these popups would cause me to have nightmares...