Problems with new ATI drivers

SilverHaze420

So ya, I update my ATI drivers yesterday and download the new Catalyst 5.4 drivers and now I only have 4 bit graphics on my pc. Running X800 Pro and P4SDX. When I went to appwiz.cpl and uninstalled the ati stuff it worked again. Then I tried to redownload the drivers and got my 4 bit 640x480 again :( At that point I went to bed so I have not troubleshot it more but watch out with that new driver pack...

So ya, I update my ATI drivers yesterday and download the new Catalyst 5.4 drivers and now I only have 4 bit graphics on my pc. Running X800 Pro and P4SDX. When I went to appwiz.cpl and uninstalled the ati stuff it worked again. Then I tried to redownload the drivers and got my 4 bit 640x480 again :( At that point I went to bed so I have not troubleshot it more but watch out with that new driver pack...

I have a solution for your problem

the problem appear only if you install a windows xp with sp2 included

first, download from ATI , ATI Maintenance Utilities

an executable file named

cat-uninstaller.exe

run it , press only left button in one or two questions , restart the computer

and after that reinstall the 5.4 , restart for twice

and you will be pleased. good lock.

Well the un-installer works but when I re-install the drivers I get the same problem! I am going to try the omega drivers now.

*Edit*

I was un-able to use the new 5.4 drivers. Had to roll back I am currently using 5.2 maybe there is some incompatibility with the new drivers and my hardware or something...