help! how to install games under 2003?

acios

games like "Rome total war" or "Lego Star wars" may stop during the setup progress and says they "requires windows 98/me/2000/xp" -,-

how to solve this problem?

thanks a lot :P

What I do is use XP for my desktop and 2003 for my servers.

This is a good example of one of the problems of useing a server OS for desktop use, and the problem isn't with the server OS, it's with the app installer that checks the OS.

Well, considering 2003 is for Servers, its probably only best used for that purpose only, maybe dedicated game servers aswell.

If you need to use a Microsoft OS, XP should be used for general purpose gaming.

I know thats not helping, but yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 on Fat32 partition. With TweakNT I convert it to XP Pro. It's working at the best, and I have no problems with running any software or games. Games are running much better than on XP. :hello:

Here is the tool.. . just drag the MSI over this script and it will prompt you with 3 dialogs and just hit OK on all of them. This will remove OS checking from the MSI file

I use 2003 as a desktop and this has worked for me a number of times.

I like TweakNT... but once I used it to change 2003 to XP pro and my computer didnt reboot from it so I am skeptical about that function now.. I just use it for its other functions now

removechk.rar

Edited by chilifrei64