Add additional domain?

Produ

Is there anyway I can add an additional domain to a windows 2000 server? Can a domain controller be responsible for two domains?

Basically I want to see two domains in the active directory interface.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

As far as I have seen, 2000 or 2003 server only allows one domain per DC. If you have the resources on your DC, you could install Virtual PC / VMWare, and create a second DC without having have a second physical DC.

you can install child domain, then you will have what you want ... or setup a trus between 2 domains

How would I set up a child domain?

start dcpromo on the server that will be DC for a child domain, and pick option Domain Controller for a new domain, then Child domain in the existing domain tree and then take it from there

If you run DCPromo on a server that is already a DC, isn't the only option you get to choose is to demote the DC to a Member Server?

Yes, you are correct. You first have to demote the domain controller with dcpromo.

Also, you mentioned that you wanted to view two domains in AD Users & Computers... In case you weren't aware, you can connect to different Domains from that console:

post-50504-1113595559_thumb.png