How to get it right?!

czaja74

After 2 emails and long days of waiting i have received email saying my request couldnt be processed. At this point i have no idea what else. here is my email:

First Name : xxxxx

Last Name : xxxxx

Email : xxxxxx@internode.on.net

Screen Name : czaja74

Version : freeware

---------- FOR COMMERCIAL REQUESTS ----------

Company Name :

Company Address :

Your direct telephone number :

Hours you can be reached :

Number of computers in your company :

I have read and agreed to the terms of the following EULA

"""""BODY OF THE EULA""""""

Nah the problem is I got reply today and it said:

...All requests for Usernames and Passwords are handled semi-automatically, and your request could not be processed for one, or more, of the following reasons:

- Incomplete Personal Information

- Incorrect order of request text: Personal Information, "I agree"

Statement, EULA

- Unacceptable email address

- Unacceptable Personal Information

But anyway I'll wait... :)

Did you send with te mail the eula.tx and told that you did raed and agreed with the eula.txt.

You can find this eula.txt in this forum.

If you did not send and agreed whit it,then used not the program.

jobbie

[[[[[in order to receive a username / password combination, needed to access the XPCREATE download areas, you must fill in the accompanying FORM.TXT file.

• Fill in your First Name, Last Name and Email Address in the corresponding fields. Please note that anonymous email accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail) may prevent your request from being accepted. Anonymous email accounts will NOT be accepted for Commercial Trial Version requests.]]]]]

>First Name : xxxxx

>Last Name : xxxxx

Well, unless he didn't like your first or last name then you got that right.

>Email : xxxxxx@internode.on.net

internode.on.net doesn't look like an anonymous email account and anyway, he specifically says that "Anonymous email accounts will NOT be accepted for Commercial Trial Version requests" of which you are NOT asking for a "Commercial" version.

[[[[[• If you have an MSFN Screen Name, you should enter that name as the Screen Name. If you do not have an MSFN Screen Name, you may enter your desired User Name.]]]]]

>Screen Name : czaja74

You are still doing it according to his instructions.

[[[[[• Enter the version you are requesting. Either Freeware or Commercial.]]]]]

> Version : freeware

What can I say, you are still following his instructions

[[[[[• If you are requesting a Commercial Trial Version, you must enter your company name and address.]]]]]

>---------- FOR COMMERCIAL REQUESTS ----------

>Company Name :

>Company Address :

>Your direct telephone number :

>Hours you can be reached :

>Number of computers in your company :

Maybe this is where he is getting everyone. Notice that he says that IF you are a company then fill in your "Company Name and Address". However, there are fields there for "Your direct telephone number", "Hours you can be reached" and "Number of computers in your company". He didn't specifically tell you to fill in those in the instructions so this may be the trick part that is catching everyone. It’s hard to say if there is no courtesy of telling you why you have failed the "HURDLE" to qualify.

[[[[[After completing the required fields, you must copy and paste the entire FORM.TXT document into the top of the body of your email request.]]]]]

You sample shows that you did that. Maybe you didn't get it all the way to the top and had a blank line at the top. That could be a violation of the HURDLE requirements.

[[[[[Next, you must read the accompanying End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree to the terms of this agreement, you must enter words to the effect of “I have read and agreed to the terms of the following EULA”, and copy and paste the EULA in the body of your letter.]]]]]

>I have read and agreed to the terms of the following EULA

>"""""BODY OF THE EULA""""""

Well, to anyone with common sense, it would appear that you followed that HURDLE, BUT...... The instructions didn't really say if you were to put the words "I have read and agreed to the terms of the following EULA" before or after the pasted copy of the entire EULA. That could be another cryptic trick to trip you up. No one really knows since there was not the courtesy of telling you exactly what part of HURDLE you failed. Actually, he could be clairvoyant and know that you really didn't read the EULA. You did read it didn't you as instructed in the HURDLE instructions?

Anyway, your example shows that anyone with common sense would see that you followed the instructions to the best that one can with the way the HURDLE instructions are written. But like I said, if one wants to get technical, part of the instructions can be taken more than one way, which may be done on purpose seeing as how things with this are seeming to go.

My suggestion, do the HURDLE in all the possible ways that it can be deciphered in the instructions to do. Even if that is 100 different ways, and email them all in. The laws of average says that at least one of them "MIGHT" conform to whatever the real meaning of the instructions are.

Without the courtesy of letting you know specifically what part you didn't decipher and do correctly according to the rules of the day, there is no way of knowing which means resorting to filling it out in all known combinations hoping to hit the lucky one.

Regards,

After 2 emails and long days of waiting i have received email saying my request couldnt be processed. At this point i have no idea what else. here is my email:

Hey, at least you got a reply even if it was a rejection for some unknown and never to be spoken in public places reason. That's more than they have been nice enough to do to me. Maybe I messed up the 'test' so bad that I didn't rate a reply even though I, like you, filled it out to best adhere to one of the many ways one could read into the rules and regulations.

The last message on this thread suggests filling it out to the many ways that it can be read to mean. That way, we might get lucky and get one way right.

I just don't understand why, if you fail the 'test', why they can't just be nice enough to tell you exactly what you did wrong instead of all this secrecy. What did David call it..... COURTESY! I thought M$ took the cake with their stupid activation scheme but I think this one is giving M$ a run for the money when it comes to all this crazy do this and do that, pass this test and jump that bar while holding one hand behind you back and rubbing your tummy type of stupid getting the right to use much less get your hands on the package scheme. At least M$ will tell you up front exactly why you didn't pass the stupid little exam so you know exactly where to put your attention next time take the exam.

Here, it seems all you get is:

--> one, or more, of the following reasons:

- Incorrect order of request text: Personal Information, "I agree" Statement, EULA

Now, that really tells you a hell of a lot about what you supposed to have done wrong on your little exam.

PPC

Hey, at least you got a reply even if it was a rejection for some unknown and never to be spoken in public places reason. That's more than they have been nice enough to do to me. Maybe I messed up the 'test' so bad that I didn't rate a reply even though I, like you, filled it out to best adhere to one of the many ways one could read into the rules and regulations.

The last message on this thread suggests filling it out to the many ways that it can be read to mean. That way, we might get lucky and get one way right.

I just don't understand why, if you fail the 'test', why they can't just be nice enough to tell you exactly what you did wrong instead of all this secrecy. What did David call it..... COURTESY! I thought M$ took the cake with their stupid activation scheme but I think this one is giving M$ a run for the money when it comes to all this crazy do this and do that, pass this test and jump that bar while holding one hand behind you back and rubbing your tummy type of stupid getting the right to use much less get your hands on the package scheme. At least M$ will tell you up front exactly why you didn't pass the stupid little exam so you know exactly where to put your attention next time take the exam.

Here, it seems all you get is:

--> one, or more, of the following reasons:

- Incorrect order of request text: Personal Information, "I agree" Statement, EULA

Now, that really tells you a hell of a lot about what you supposed to have done wrong on your little exam.

PPC

Sorry but done all that. I put my name and surname my ISSP email address Agreed with EULA and pasted whole lot as instructed. I'm not comp about it but I think it will be best for all if we got format righ. One think that comes to my mind is that i maybe should delete informations for company since I want only freeware. Buut I couldnt find anything at all.

@ Dave Whitley

Thanks for taking a time and a long reply.

@doberman.pk

Nah not sarcasm or criticism. The reason I have posted is to get it right so GM will have lesser headache and we get a chance to try XPC.

One think that comes to my mind is that i maybe should delete informations for company since I want only freeware.

Well, the "EXAM" specifically says: "After completing the required fields, you must copy and paste the entire FORM.TXT document into the top of the body of your email request."

Ever get the idea that some demented twisted brain out there is laughing its a** off at all of us who have followed the rules of the "EXAM" but keep getting a failing grade without any indication as to which parts of the "EXAM" we failed? You showed in your example that you following the rules in a method any normal person would follow by any normal interpretation of the rules does not work.

This is a twisted game I don't have time to play..... Hopefully someone else will come up with a program to help people Slipstream the M$ fixes into their OS disks without all this cryptic game playing to go through. I did some searching around the web to see if there were any more programs like this available without the game playing. Seems to be some people working on it. Hopefully when they get a product out there, we can get our hands on it without all this silly game playing.

PPC

I think if the developer was serious about getting commercial paying customers, he would reply sooner than this. I've been waiting for more than two weeks, and for what...?...for a username and password to see if I want to spend money on this program. I would think if you (meaning the developer) wanted my money, you'd be a little more proactive in getting back to potential customers. After all, that's what a business does for its customers, right?

The "Email me and I'll get back with you later" scheme, in itself, is completely overboard; then, as if to add insult to injury, assuming you choose to comply with the highly unusual request, you get no response for a very long time (if ever??).

And before anyone asks, yes, I've checked and re-checked my requests (notice the plural on requests) to make sure ALL the information was there, and in proper order.

As far as I can tell, it's a nice program. But that will not keep me waiting for long. I would rather pay more for another application not to have to deal with all the emailing, waiting, and wondering.

If I choose to pay for this application (a big IF at this point), is this the level of customer service I can expect???

If I choose to pay for this application (a big IF at this point), is this the level of customer service I can expect???

You know, that is exactly what I was thinking. If he's a slacker when it comes to getting the program out, just think of all the horrors you would be faced with if you needed support.

I'm getting a little tired of hanging at the end of this guys string or whatever perverted game he's playing. I can see that something very strange is going on with this whole situation and I think the wise thing would be to bail out. I just hate that this guy now has my email address. Makes you also wonder why he wouldn't accept hotmail/yahoo/etc email addresses. My son says he's seen this type of thing before on fake email harvesting sites. And to think I fell for it!

DW

I feel it too. And beside of this many people helped with program by testing it providing feedback. I was helping in a very early stage of development and spent few long nites reinstalling 4-6 times whole windows. I dont think this program would get this far without comunity support. I dont blame anyone but I'm tired with it. Good luck with a program. I think i will be happy with the way I always was doing it.

GreenMachine has a long and proud history here of helping people for free. It is extremely unlikely that your email address will get away from him. There is no sense trying to insult or cajole him into answering. As others have said, only a very major life problem could explain his absence. After all, he has a great deal of his life invested in this program, years actually.