[WIP] XPize uAE 1.0

XPero

Hi all, I'm almost finished with XPize uAE (Unattended Edition) 1.0. I need to know something. Since I dont have a laptop, it would be great if someone can tell me which file holds the icons for the battery shown in the taskbar near the clock. I've looked for it but no results. Thanks

XPero

Thank you benners :hello:

Some info about XPize uAE:

- Extras has been removed

- Resources has been optimized, including in the installer only the necessary resources, not every file resources.

- No more uxtheme patch

- No more System Restore point creation

The result is a smooth and fast installation (no more than 15 seconds) in a final exe of 3MB! :o

The installer is in an advanced stage, but I dont know the release date.

@brian873:

Thanks for comments. I pressume you're referring to XPize 3.0, so this is not the correct topic to ask this. Anyway, if you have already patched your uxtheme.dll, dont use the XPize patch (although it wont be dangerous). If you haven't patch it yet, use it.

@Ghostrider:

Install switches are a pain to implement. So this release (as I said in my last post) wont have extras. This release is intended for people who want an enhanced Windows XP, uses their own themes and want to have the more free space as possible in their uA CDs. For the full package, get XPize 3.0 (but you will have the already known issues when installing it silently)

@iwod:

Simple. With this method you will have full WFP and Windows Update support. Also, you will have XPize Updater that you can use after visiting Windows Update. Also resources have been optimized, so you will get less RAM consumed.

Briefly: You will get an enhanced XP in a 3MB package, easy to install with the /S switch (and also normally in Windows), with less footprint that previous versions. This uAE version has been built over 3.0 source, with some new files included and lots of optimizations. We can say that uAE is like a 3.1 without extras.