Silence of the foxes

LaptoniC

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing with this wonderfull application after Laptonic telling me about his program (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=46640#)..

And I have a request :blushing:

I am trying to install Firefox in a choosen directory, not \Programs\Mozilla Firefox.

One can easily do that by editing the config.ini inside the original install file of Firefox, after it has been unpacked by SoF.

But if one does that, and after repacking again with SoF, it will silently install on the choosen path, but will not install the profile or the extensions.

Naturaly because all the default paths of SoF point to the default install directory.

My request is:

Can you LaptoniC add a function where we can choose the install path?

Thanks

PS - I have I have expressed myself decently and made it clear.

• 2 weeks later...

LaptoniC,

Would it be possible to add an option to use winrar rather than 7zip? Also i have just tested with 7zip 4.20 version of 7za.exe & 7zSD.sfx - works fine, however there is no output to the text window.

Sory I dont have any plans to use WinRAR.7zip gives good ratio on packing.7zip on my package is special version.I changed so that it reports what it is doing to my program.If I find time I will add option to install firefox to custom folder.

I am not sure if everyone knows this, but the easiest way to setup firefox with a custom profile silently is as follows:

You must first have firefox installed and setup a custom DEFAULT profile, meaning add your extensions, settings, etc.

You can make a shortcut to the Firefox default profile: "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profile defaults\profile"

Once your done getting Firefox as you like it, create a Self Extracting Archive of the default profile folder.

;The comment below contains SFX script commands
Path=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

1) Install Firefox or Thunderbird silently using the -ms switch.

2) Create/Run Profle.cmd to delete the default profile mozilla creates.

cmdow @ /HID
RD /S /Q "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\"

3) Run Profile.exe (WinRAR SFX) to extract you custom default profile.

:thumbup

We are installing firefox with -ms switch too.However profile thing is little bit tricky.If for example you created your profile at C drive and you tried to use that profile on one computer whose windows is setup at D drive then profile wornt work.My method install firefox with -ms switch and install themes and extensions one by one.

is sof supposed to keep your alteration settings.. meaning if you change the way things are ordered around at the top of the broswer,, like for example moving the search bar down on te bookmark bar and adding a few extra buttons ..

im having trouble having these settings stick for me so that they are installed the way i put it.

any way i could do this ? i would say the key is prefs.js file but i cant seem to figure it out

Edited by Lost Soul

@ Lostsoul

I can't get those to stick as well, no problem with Bookmark toolbar but always comes

back with "go" button were as I had removed it before using SOF......... also mail button

ect. ect. not there................perhaps LaptoniC will be of help???

BD