Silence of the foxes

LaptoniC

(Two more I just though of)

1) Quicktime and Real alternative support (if possible. If not, understandable)

2) Flash support (Allows flash to silent install OR already be installed (wihtin the firefox dirs) when Firefoxsilent.exe runs)

@Swimming_Bird:

I want word peace :) prefs.js compiler is really out of scope.You can make your prefs.js with firefox.

@viriiman

1) To be able to set firefox as the default browser automatically

There is a prefs.js option so firefox will ask you to set default browser on first run.Because many of us dont set firefox as default browser

2) a slightly clearer guide packaged w/ sof on where you need to put plugins, themes, etc.

Ok.

3-4) Quicktime and Real alternative,flash support (if possible. If not, understandable)

I guess you are missing the point, any file in your plugins directory(Quicktime,realtime,flash etc) will be copied after you install it.So, whatever you setup on your current firefox installation it will be copied to your silet firefox setup.

@Swimming_Bird:

I want word peace :)  prefs.js compiler is really out of scope.You can make your prefs.js with firefox.

@viriiman

1) To be able to set firefox as the default browser automatically

There is a prefs.js option so firefox will ask you to set default browser on first run.Because many of us dont set firefox as default browser

2) a slightly clearer guide packaged w/ sof on where you need to put plugins, themes, etc.

Ok.

3-4) Quicktime and Real alternative,flash support (if possible. If not, understandable)

I guess you are missing the point, any file in your plugins directory(Quicktime,realtime,flash etc) will be copied after you install it.So, whatever you setup on your current firefox installation it will be copied to your silet firefox setup.

sorry, dont get me wrong. i got no clue how hard it would be to make one. i was just ssaying if it was possible that would rock. if not still a killer program. I really wish i knew how to program (although i tired to learn and hate programming). the best thing about it is how professional it looks.

if anyone can post a link to somewhere that has all the prefs.js parameters with descriptions i would bow down before ye.

EDIT: Hell this deserves its own in the Member Contributed Projects

Okay, so to make sure, I need to:

* choose where the installer package is and unzip

* put extension-XPI's in \extensions\

* put theme-JARs in \themes\

* create a prefs.js somehow

* repack

Is this correct?

How can I create this prefs.js? Or can this just be an empty file?

Do I need to have Firefox already installed on my computer or can I use a clean computer?

@anandus

here's what worked for me.......

have these ready;

firefox 1.02