Java 2 Runtime Environment SE v1.4.2_05

PryGuy

Create a CMD file and paste the following text there:

JRE.EXE /S /V"/QN ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 NETSCAPE6=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0"
DEL /S "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Java Web Start.lnk"
RD /Q /S "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Java Web Start"

EXIT

Yes, but well, you see, the difference is that my method doesn't require any modifications to the file, it allows you to install the file as you download it from the Java Web Site. It also allows you not to install the Java Update thing using the switches. I doubt that the switchless installer has this ability... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

No, really, S0mE0nesMiNd1, not to insult you or anything, but my method is OFFICIAL. I really have nothing against RyanVM's solution, and I really haven't tried it, but that's only because my solution really works and does ANYTHING I want.

Best wishes to you and RyanVM! :D

And by the way, I'd love to thank Sun for making such a nice example of installation that is easy to configure using switches. That's really a great example other developers should look at.