All the .msi files

JanC89

Hi! :D

I've been looking on some RunOnceEx.cmd and checked which programs you installed and which switched you used. Now, i've one problem. I can see many of you installs MSN Messenger. The MSN file you're using is a .msi file. If i go to www.msn. dk (Live in Denmark) and download MSN Messenger i can only get an exe file. I've seen this with many other programs. Where do you get these .msi files. Also, since i'm pretty new to this, i want to ask if the following line is the correct way to install .NET Framework 1.1:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D ".NET Framework 1.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnetfx.exe /q /c:"install /q"" /f

Thanks in advance :thumbup

Hi! :D

I've been looking on some RunOnceEx.cmd and checked which programs you installed and which switched you used. Now, i've one problem. I can see many of you installs MSN Messenger. The MSN file you're using is a .msi file. If i go to www.msn. dk (Live in Denmark) and download MSN Messenger i can only get an exe file. I've seen this with many other programs. Where do you get these .msi files. Also, since i'm pretty new to this, i want to ask if the following line is the correct way to install .NET Framework 1.1:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnetfx.exe /q /c:"install /q"" /f

Thanks in advance :thumbup

You can unpack this .exe file (most people have 7-zip installed) and it will extract the .msi file everybody talks about

Also, since i'm pretty new to this, i want to ask if the following line is the correct way to install .NET Framework 1.1:

This is the same story. First unpack the .exe file and then do this:

%systemdrive%\Install\System\DotNet\netfx.msi /Q

Thanks a lot guys!! :D

I'll try to find the 7-zip program you're talking about. With the .NET Frame work 1.1 when i have extracted the .msi file.

Is this then correct:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnetfx.msi /Q" /f

Thanks a lot guys!! :D

I'll try to find the 7-zip program you're talking about. With the .NET Frame work 1.1 when i have extracted the .msi file.

Is this then correct:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnetfx.msi /Q" /f

Yes, that should do the trick (but I believe it will be netfx.msi instead of dotnetfx.msi) just verify the package name after extracting