SP 2.0 RC3

I just had to redo my computer because the Revolutions Pack made all sorts of programs no longer work right

I had problems with 1.6. I recommend using the free program Savepart to easily backup your Windows partition before installing scary software. Fortunately, Tihiy fixed almost everything I reported and I'm using 2.2 which looks really nice.

Maybe USP 2.1 could have Revolutions :)

I just had to redo my computer because the Revolutions Pack made all sorts of programs no longer work right

I had problems with 1.6.  I recommend using the free program Savepart to easily backup your Windows partition before installing scary software. Fortunately, Tihiy fixed almost everything I reported and I'm using 2.2 which looks really nice.

Maybe USP 2.1 could have Revolutions :)

SP2 has nothing to do with Revolutions. You're barking at the wrong tree.

Gape, thanks! Good stuff! Thanks for the C++ run-time! I am sure that the final is near indeed.

Good stuff Gape.  I wont be at home for the next couple days.  I should be able to get to testing rc3 on Wednesday.  Got a question for you also.  I didnt see a definative reply from you or anyone else in the thread about MS05-002 KB891711.  Is this update included in sesp2.0rc3?

No, 891711 didn't included in RC2 and RC3.

Sweet.. RC3!!!!!!!!

And I made it on the thankyou list. :w00t: I didnt do much.. Reported a bug sorta...

Anyway, might run a test in virutal pc with clean install.. And might fromat and reinstall a spare real machine just to test the appearance enhancements off a clean install again .

Awsome work gape. :thumbup

Wow almost 200k downloads?

Does that include RC1 and RC2 though? (My guess it does because the SP has been using the same page). In fact, does this include uSP 1.6x downloads too?

Despite, worst case scenario means at least 63,000 downloads and I would call that pretty large testing base. I dare anybody to question the stability of installing uSP2.0, especially when you compound the fact each include update has been thuroughly test by MS and the general userbase.

It's safe to say that uSP can be the most reliable update you can ever apply to windows (after it goes final of course).

Hi Gape,

It's great to hear the latest sp has been released. :thumbup

Bf I install the 20rc3, I just would like to know my present 98SE has the KB891711 installed. Should i uninstall this patch bf I install 20rc3? :huh: Thx.

It's great to hear the latest sp has been released.  :thumbup 

Bf I install the 20rc3, I just would like to know my present 98SE has the KB891711 installed. Should i uninstall this patch bf I install 20rc3? :huh:  Thx.

No, you don't need to remove any hot-fix before installing the SP.

One question about the installation. Everytime I install it I get a message box about an older file version.

A file being copied is older than the file currently on your computer. It is recommended that you keep your existing file.

File name: Nabtsfec.sys

Description: WDM NABTS/FEC VBI Codec

Your version: 5.03.900

Ive been choosing to keep the newer version already being used for testing the sesp. Or should I be installing the older version instead? I found the uninstallation problem was fixed. Is it now safe to restart when the sesp2.0rc3 installation prompts the user for to restart the computer?

I have run into some problems with 98lite sleek though. The uninstallation of sesp2.0rc3 is causing some odd things to happen. Ill try to explain this better soon...still need to look at it more to figure out what is going on.