SP 2.0 RC3

2.0 RC3

RapidShare

Softpedia

(15.4 MB)

What's new in RC3?

- ADDED: 2 new hot-fixes (319571, 320798).

- UPDATED: MDGx's HTML Update.

- FIXED: Annoying restart bug.

- FIXED: Annoying reinstallation bug.

- FIXED: GDI.EXE uninstallation bug.

Thanks to bilemke, mitsubishi, ivman, ssmokee, zzirch, appp, kelzy, webmatze, x-pert, mamas6667 and all others for their bug reports.

Note: If we cannot find any major bug in it, I'll mark this RC3 as FINAL.

Other works:

982ME by MDGx

Revolutions Pack by Tihiy

Generic USB Drivers for Flash Disks / Cameras by Maximus-Decim

Gape,

Bravo! I've just completed installation of SESP20RC3.EXE, no problems apparent and installed smoothly.

One question, can the SP be installed quietly or unattended? When using the "semi-slipstream" method I got a lot of errors (browse for file, etc.) during setup and immediately after first login, despite having extracted all the SP2.CAB files into the win98 source directory.

Thank you for your time and your work!

One question, can the SP be installed quietly or unattended?  When using the "semi-slipstream" method I got a lot of errors (browse for file, etc.) during setup and immediately after first login, despite having extracted all the SP2.CAB files into the win98 source directory.

Which version have you tried to slipstream? Did you read the "Installation Guide for SE SP 2.0" topic?

Gape, will this be available on any mirrors? I can't get to rapidshare from work where I have a faster connection for the download.

I just had to redo my computer because the Revolutions Pack made all sorts of programs no longer work right. Grrr! It came at a time when I could ill afford to do a fresh install of win98se.

I think you might want to rethink incorporating the things from the Revolutions Pack into the next SP.

ivman

2.0 RC3

RapidShare

(15.4 MB)

What's new in RC3?

- ADDED: 2 new hot-fixes (319571, 320798).

- UPDATED: MDGx's HTML Update.

- FIXED: Annoying restart bug.

- FIXED: Annoying reinstallation bug.

- FIXED: GDI.EXE uninstallation bug.

Thanks to bilemke, mitsubishi, ivman, ssmokee, zzirch, appp, kelzy, webmatze, x-pert, mamas6667 and all others for their bug reports.

Note: If we cannot find any major bug in it, I'll mark this RC3 as FINAL.

Gape, will this be available on any mirrors? I can't get to rapidshare from work where I have a faster connection for the download.

I just had to redo my computer because the Revolutions Pack made all sorts of programs no longer work right. Grrr! It came at a time when I could ill afford to do a fresh install of win98se.

I think you might want to rethink incorporating the things from the Revolutions Pack into the next SP.

I hope the mirrors will be available soon.

I will try to incorporate some parts of Tihiy's works into the next SP (2.1).

ivman

Did you let Tihiy know? I didn't see a recent post in that topic section....and if you can post, please note what programs and what is wrong..

M. Coskun,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I've attempted the slipstream using both RC2 and, now, RC3. I've followed your instructions exactly as outlined in the top post of the "Installation Guide for SE SP 2.0" topic.

The installation seems to recognize the files exist, but then says "an error occurred loading (insert filename here). The file may not have been installed or it has been corrupted." Strange.

BTW, I always install using all options in the installer, it just requires an <Enter> keypress at the selection window in order to continue processing and another at the "INFEX" when it completes. I tried using an AU3 script here but it acts up under mini-windows, sometimes works fine on VM but then not at all on the test machine. Just these two keypresses away from automating the 2+hour install on this very much legacy equipment...

Anyway, it seems I'll be sticking with the manual install for now.

Thanks again for your time.

I've attempted the slipstream using both RC2 and, now, RC3.  I've followed your instructions exactly as outlined in the top post of the "Installation Guide for SE SP 2.0" topic.

The installation seems to recognize the files exist, but then says "an error occurred loading (insert filename here). The file may not have been installed or it has been corrupted." Strange.

BTW, I always install using all options in the installer, it just requires an <Enter> keypress at the selection window in order to continue processing and another at the "INFEX" when it completes.  I tried using an AU3 script here but it acts up under mini-windows, sometimes works fine on VM but then not at all on the test machine.  Just these two keypresses away from automating the 2+hour install on this very much legacy equipment...

Anyway, it seems I'll be sticking with the manual install for now.

Can you check that all extracted files are OK, and they are NOT read-only ?

I'll try to add silent installation support into the next SP.

ivman

Softpedia :D

I really hope this goes final ASAP. I currently work at a non-for-profit hospital and it's a scenario where money spent directly takes away from the hospital's ability to buy medical gear.

While all 95 machines are being retired, 98 will live on (thank god IT employees get XP). I hope to convince the Network & PC guys to make SP2.0 an official part of the 98 boxes.

Good stuff Gape. I wont be at home for the next couple days. I should be able to get to testing rc3 on Wednesday. Got a question for you also. I didnt see a definative reply from you or anyone else in the thread about MS05-002 KB891711. Is this update included in sesp2.0rc3?