leeching

dakhaas

When trying to download xp theme patch for win2k3 I get: :(

Sorry, you cannot leech this file. You must visit the home page here (which is on the same domain!!!)

after which I get a download link to the same page , where leeching is disallowed. I guess someone set the leeching prevention in either forum admin or website adinistration :no: . I recommend setting it to OFF because it really messes up the functioning of the whole site (at my domains it does) .

:realmad:

:hello:

It works fine when downloading the normal way.

Go to that page, click the file download, and save to disk (download with browser).

Using download managers may give "leeching" messages, though.

the reason for having that enabled it to conserve bandwidth. Would you like it if someone was constantly downloading off you and eating your bandwidth? I think not, as MSNWar said, boohoo to you

A few things that may help:

If you are running norton internet security, disable it, turn it back on (if you really must) after the download has finished.

Make sure your cookie settings in your browser are set correctly, disabling cookies from the page will prevent you downloading any files, the site needs to place a cookie in your cache to auth you for download.

As Prath mentioned earlier, dont use a download manager if you are experiancing problems downloading, as invariably the download manager is the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps.