integrate knoppix

promind

i tried to make a multicd including winxp, bartpe and knoppix.

i used cdshell.

extracted the boot image form knoppix and configred cdshell accordingly.

all seem to work except knoppix.

need :help:

I used Knoppix 3.8 CeBIT-Edition (3.8.1 should be released in some days).

Just copy "KNOPPIX" and "boot" in your DVD-Root.

Now edit your cdshell.ini:

if $lastKey == key[4]; then isolinux

When you boot Knoppix from your DVD you should see the bootscreen of Knoppix 3.8.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

unfortunately, I am not that lucky. I tried it Gozilla´s way. Knoppix starts properly but then I get this error message soon:

Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unkown block (1,3)

Also, in Isobuster what part of the Knoppix 3.8.1 iso should I extract ? There is an "iso" part, a Joliet and a Rock Ridge part, all containing the same two boot and knoppix folders. Does it matter which one I use ?

My cdimage command line is like this:

start .\cdimage.exe -lAIW-DVD -b.\AIW-DVD\boot\loader.bin -h -n -o -m -d .\AIW-DVD .\AIW-DVD.iso

I use that one for my multibootDVD with Windows XP and a few others successfully.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help !

Alex

Just thought I'd ask a quick question while this topic's up here. I did the above mether of extracting boot and knoppix folders into the root folder so they look like this:

\Root\

-BOOT

--isolinux

-KNOPPIX

-PRO1

-etc...

I think used "if $lastKey == key[4]; then isolinux" in my cdshell but for some reason, I get the error message in the attached image. Any thoughts? Was there a step I missed?

post-9717-1113952952_thumb.jpg

an update:

I managed to get Knoppix to semi-load (it says something about missing the knoppix filesystem although it shows the logos and such, weird) using the method in the first post on this page. Unfortunately, when having the KNOPPIX folder in the root, none of my windows installations will boot properly (that ntdll.dll error comes up). Delete the Knoppix folder and the error's gone. Kinda weird. It's too bad the KNOPPIX folder can't be located in a subfolder like SETUP.

it is important to use the -j1 parameter when creating the ISO with CDIMAGE.EXE...

Hi faf4life,

I understand. But this forces 8+3 Dos filenames, no ? How can I then make a multibootDVD containing Windows XP, ERD, Bart PE AND Knoppix if I use the j1 switch? All the long filenames in Windows would be destroyed, right ?

:unsure:

Bye,

Alex

I personally don't think -j1 is really a required parameter.. I haven't been using the -j1 parameter for my DVD and Unattended CD with no problems. Maybe I just haven't noticed anything weird but I don't think it's needed.

[EDIT]

Sorry, the -j1 appears to be required for Knoppix (at least for me it was). Sorry for the doubt. heh...

[/EDIT]

Still don't understand how to boot DSL using EasyBoot Menu...Can anyone tell me about an iso utility who extract boot .bin info to use that ?(..because don't work with .bif) ...and another thing: after I extract the DSL.iso, the files must set on the root of the cd or in the folder of EasyBoot files ? Thank You ! :D

• 3 months later...
Just thought I'd ask a quick question while this topic's up here.  I did the above mether of extracting boot and knoppix folders into the root folder so they look like this:

\Root\

-BOOT

--isolinux

-KNOPPIX

-PRO1

-etc...

I think used "if $lastKey == key[4]; then isolinux" in my cdshell but for some reason, I get the error message in the attached image.  Any thoughts?  Was there a step I missed?

hi all, i have the same problem, trying to include **** small linux, same screen too

does anyone have ny suggestion?

thanks

sonica

almost done, but i've got a strange problem.

i'm using cdshell, tryingo to add **** Small Linux to my cd

if i put dsl's original isolinux.cfg

it loads dsl splash screen, in which you can editkernel optios if you press f2...

but it freezes there!

but

if a do not give any isolinux.cfg it gives me a prompt saying it cannot load any kernel, but here, if i give it the same string that there was in isolinux.cfg i.e.

/BOOT/modules/isolinux/linux24
ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=it apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=/BOOT/modules/isolinux/minirt24.gz nomce noapic quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

dsl starts successfully

now, i could remap the most common kernel option in a cdshell menu, but i will still miss the dsl console and i would like to use it

any suggestion?

thanks

sonica

Edited by sonica

@sonica

I run DSL copying KNOPPIX folder in AIO-DVD and isolinux folder in boot folder.

In cdshell.ini:

then bcdw boot isolinux/isolinux.bin

Copy bcdw.csm (taken from bcdw-2.0a1) in boot\modules folder.

I tried to run knopils 0.7 or knoppix 3.7 with this method but they don't work. I tried to use the command "then isolinux" or "then isolinux knoppix" but same result. :(

Edited by N30M0D