did you know that xp sp3 is coming out

kurt476

did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?

• Yes
    • No

"you know that you can call MS for free if you have a problem installing a SP?"

Yeah I did that and tried to talk to a dude named "Larry," in India. ;)

However he had a really hard time reading off the screen!

What a joke!

Treeman

When Windows first came out a lot of people said things like "Microsoft is finally catching on to what Apple did five years ago." And now that Microsoft has created their Virtual Desktop powertoy they're catching up with what Unix did as a standard feature ten years ago.

It seems to me that Microsoft OS's tend to be increasingly geared to making it easy for the "average" user, and not toward the industrial strength "corporate" user. This site exists to supply information to those people who support Microsoft networks. Windows, by its fundamental organization, does not lend itself to corporate deployment. That support ability has to be manufactured by smart people who read a lot.

And every Service Pack that's issued wipes out all the hard work that the support techs have done to automagically apply all the patches and updates for their clients. They have to start over again. What's RyanVM going to do if and when XP SP3 comes out? He'll start by deleting a bunch of files he'd created to patch SP2. They were hard to create and useful to plenty of people...and then they'll be garbage.

I think we're all victimized by the fundamental mis-organization of Windows. I'm just glad I get paid for working on it instead of paying to use it.

Dont agree - just have a look at SP2 - it is great for average home user and also for corporate deployment... They finally decided that this two market segments are equal. Features in SP2 are easy enough to use for home users, but also have ability for corporate administrators to modify almost everything they need.

I also like Feature control - you dont want it? You dont need to use it!

search for SafeXP its a great program that disables all the bad stuff in XP it has about 30 or 40 different options, i added it to my unattended cd cuz it very useful. and as for longhorn being called eXPerience wouldnt that be kind of retarded since XP stands for experience?? well then again it is microsoft we are talking about..... and to whoever commented on firefox replacing IE, that'll be a cold day in hell (no not hell, michagen :P ) yea imagine MS using ANYTHING that isnt made by them.... yea it will happen......... NOT! and myself i wouldnt use the windows firewall at all, some people say its good and others say its bad, heres a solution buy a hardware firewall! get a Cisco PIX firewall and you'll be happy (that is if you can shell out $3,000) or just get an old computer and make that a firewall box, my friend gave me this OS called softwall firewall 2.0 and all it really is is a hardened and preconfigured version of Linux thats setup to be a firewall.

:P Yup read about it online also

Oh and u gotta love it when they outsource the Microsoft Helpline :) but the person i spoke to i thought did a real good job and was very clear in her english so much props to all those people who can do there jobs good :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have reading about this new Internet Explorer 7 is a really privacy treat because the new ie 7 will redirect you when you search on google or any other search engines to the sites with most hits even if you wrote 3 word so it popup with thing you have not search on so websites most use more keywords jost like google but that cot you exspect from mr. 90% monopol i think alternative OS is looking more and more interested and a lot of them are working very easy just like XP with sp1

so i think this longhorn cot maybe be a nightmare for people who don`t like this kind of "bravenewworld RFID Technology "

Don`t take this post as hate it is just my honest fear

Well, not a chance in hell I will plug that sp3 in...at that time the "Fritzchip" will be in more common and for sure Palladium/TC or whatteva they choose to call it will be fully implemented...(even though not activated and in it's full potential)

And that IE7, hehe...whattaya think...MS resisting to use that new tech...wake up ppl! :lol:

..even 2003 server has that tech implemented already, still in a primitive form but that shows you where we are heading :whistle:

for you that don't know what I'm ravin' about:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Well if TC ever comes into fruition, i dont care how few of my hardware parts dont work in linux, i might be forced to switch! I dont want that s*** on my system! Hell with TC on my system, i wont even have a system left, as it'd delete everything :P

• 3 weeks later...