Math Exam

amardeepsingh

A university Math professor had to compose an exam to give his students at the end of the year. He was a bit lazy, so he set the following exam:

----------

"Compose a math examination suitable for students to sit, and solve all questions giving suitable examples."

----------

That was all.

He handed out the exam to his students and gave them three hours to complete it. However, after just a couple of minutes one student stood up, handed in his paper and left the room.

That student got an "A". But how?

Well, here's what the student wrote:

MATHS EXAM

Question 1.

Compose a math examination suitable for students to sit, and solve all questions giving suitable examples.

Correct Answer:

Compose a math examination suitable for students to sit, and solve all questions giving suitable examples.

End.

He figured that if that exam was good enough for a university professor to set his students, it was certainly good enough to use as an example!

In the future, the professor banned that specific answer from the exams

Years ago, I had a trig/geometry class. The teacher said we could make a cheat card for the final exam. The card could be no larger than 3"x5" and we could put whatever information we wanted on both sides of the card. I sharpenned my pencil, wrote as small as I could and took it to class for the final exam. I never used it.

The joke reminded me of that.

DL

actually as a matter of fact copying in maths is a waste of time.

all you need is the formulas...and these are available in the insides of most geometry boxes...atleast here in india :)

and hey my cuzin even had a pencil box that you could adjust and you had tables form 2 to 20. sadly they didnt allow him to use it during his exams and they dont make that anmore :(

@totoymola No, the test was just a regular test for me. What happened was that once I had made the 'cheat card', I didn't need it any more. I had a picture of it in my head. I went to enough trouble to squeeze all the information I could onto the card that I knew it back and front. :) I think that what happened was what the teacher intended.

DL

Yeah! You are right. Maybe your teacher told you to make a cheat card for the purpose of making you study! Hahaha!! Of course, when you make your cheat card on a small piece of paper, it's the same thing as studying!

Your teacher is smart. :)

actually as a matter of fact copying in maths is a waste of time.

all you need is the formulas...

True. ;) But, knowing the forumula is not enough. It's important to understand the whole concept. Without the that, the formula will be meaningless. It's like messing with the registry. You may have a complete list of all registry tweaks, but if you don't understand the concept or how the registry works, you'll still have problems in the near future. B)