How Many Times U Format Ur Pc

amardeepsingh

Well with nlite, xpcreate, wpi and xplode you should ask how many times a day instead :P

There are some ppl here in this forums that just to try all their nicy and shiny unattended cds format their poor computers more than one time a day

Long time ago I was one of them but fortunately, since I discovered virtual machines, I never needed to format so often again

Well, maybe now since there are no x64 emulators I'll start formatting again my poor new pc like the old times :P

I hope that my hd will last enough!

Oh no!! My HD heads and cylinders heard me!! they're going to break right now!! heelp mee!!

--- End of Transmission --

LEGAL NOTICE: this may have never happened :P

• 2 months later...

WOW, this has to rank as the most absurd thread I've read all day....and I've been at it for over six hours now. rofl

Haven't any of you folks ever heard of Norton's Ghost?

Cheeeech! :whistle:

Once you get your HD all set up the way you want it, you make a Ghost image of it and then burn it to a CD or DVD. Then when things seem to go awry, you just do a Ghost Restore and you're right back in business again with everything in place and running Great.

I do my own Ghost backups at least two or three times a week. (takes only three minutes on my new SATA drive.) I keep a DVD archive of older Ghost Images.

With Ghost Explorer I can extract any file from those old Images.

To me, it's the only Sensible way to operate a Computer. I've set up dozens of business computers, using this same technique. A Ghost a day, keeps the service tech away! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Andromeda43

The 3 servers in my lab are routinely formatted, never.

My primary workstation is routinely formatted, never.

My wife's workstation is routinely formatted ... about every 6 months

Note: That's the only one that "everybody" gets to "play" with.

My other lab/test machines get formatted anywhere between never and 12 times a day depending on what I'm doing at the time.

But, nobody really specified a "lab-test" machine, did they now?

We're taling about the ol' home computer.

With a Ghost in the machine, a format becomes as obsolete as a steering knob on a '61 Pontiac.

If I had a computer that other people like to futz with,,,,I'd be doing a Ghost Restore every morning.

I've shared this technique with many a school teacher that has to recover PC's that students muck up during the day. They have a restore DVD that can restore a PC in just a few minutes. FORMAT is one word never spoken in those venues.

Cheers,

Andromeda43

But, nobody really specified a "lab-test" machine, did they now?

We're taling about the ol' home computer.

True, however I happen to have a "Lab" in my home.

Also Ghosting a drive assumes the hardware isn't going to change, unless you happen to like having phantom devices skulking around in devmgmt...and your sure you haven't done anything really important since the last imaging, that you're about to blow away.

Well, yes,,,,,,it does take a few brains to use Ghost effectively.

When you change anything in the machine,,,,,you make a new Ghost image.

That's what I do anyway. That's why I make at least three new Ghost images of my C: drive every week.

I download and evaluate a LOT of software. My HD really gets mucked up easily. A Ghost restore gets things back on track in just four minutes.

Thanks for your replys,

We've breathed some life back into this old forum.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...