How Many Times U Format Ur Pc

amardeepsingh

Otherwise,  my real machine gets its C:  formatted once in 3 days.

I can't say I can rival that. I have a few partitions on my comp and my primary gets formatted at least once a month. I have other partitions that may get formatted 2 or 3 times each and then sit dormant until I nLite them again. You beg the question prathapml, why every 3 days?

DL

You beg the question prathapml, why every 3 days?

For fun!

Yes, really!

I started doing that (the dance of clean install) when my PCs would give trouble (as in boot-problems, crashes...).

Then afterwards, did it for the sake of testing out uA installs.

Now, I don't quite need that much testing, but still I do the same just for the heck of it. (because windows slows down very quickly with my kind of usage and downloads, etc. - so a re-format serves as a good way to flush out all the junk).

Moreover my optimized uA makes it easy for me - 5 GB installed from the disc in just 28 minutes, so I start uA when I have to go and have a quick tea, and before I'm back its done!

I'm not joking! :lol:

For fun!

Yes, really!

I started doing that (the dance of clean install) when my PCs would give trouble (as in boot-problems, crashes...).

Then afterwards, did it for the sake of testing out uA installs.

Now, I don't quite need that much testing, but still I do the same just for the heck of it. (because windows slows down very quickly with my kind of usage and downloads, etc. - so a re-format serves as a good way to flush out all the junk).

Moreover my optimized uA makes it easy for me - 5 GB installed from the disc in just 28 minutes, so I start uA when I have to go and have a quick tea, and before I'm back its done!

I'm not joking! :lol:

I have to start doing like you prathapml.. :D. I format about 2 to 3 a month usually. I'm almost getting to a point where I have the so called perfect unattended install. But with nLite keep improving, more testing on my unattended install is needed...

• 2 weeks later...

For fun!

Yes, really!

I also do i because of the slowing down part because there seems to be no other program in existent other than Windows Setup wich can effectivly prevent this (although NLite sure helps alot :thumbup ). But my reinstallimg pattern is about one reïnstall every 1,5 month (averaging from every 1 to 2 months).

(Just did one yesterday evening (6-05-2005 )(after 3 corrupt installs, lukily i couldn't get to the formating part becausee of this...).