3.3v Agp Card

sportster00

Hi,

i'm currently using 3.3v agp card with my intel 865p mainboard with agp 3.0 slot. Everything is working fine but the mainboard's chipset is hotter and the agp power voltage was set to 1.5v. Will this cause damage to the PC ?

"...Will this cause damage to the PC ?"

Yes it will after some time, replace it as fast as possible. You already have altered the life of you motherboard ;).

Buy any AGP 8x card and you will be safe.

How can you tell what voltage a card is? I have an agp gefore 1st generation ddr card. I have a new asus mobo that wants 1.6 I think. Does this seem right. I can't post.

What voltage is this one? NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

If this is wrong what would the symptoms be? I turned it on several times with no post errors and no video. Could I damadge something?

As far as I know (95% sure) the GeForce 3 needs a voltage of 3.3. All GF4 cards or higher use 1.5v. All AGP 8x cards use 1.5v but also there are AGP 4x cards that use 1.5v like the older GF4 cards.

Hmmm, makes me remember my first GF3, the first ASUS 8200 card in Holland, I had a sample model of it B) (those cards had problems with mouse pointers).

If this is wrong what would the symptoms be? I turned it on several times with no post errors and no video. Could I damadge something?

Yes you could damage it, but don´t worry about it, it will take a long time. Just go for a AGP 8x card, just to make sure that you will be safe. I wonder if you can run any 3D appz... :huh: