Autorun

red7116

When I insert a CD without an autorun.inf windows explorer starts up and shows the contents of the CD. I would like to be able to disable this action but still allow CDs with an autorun to autorun.

Sure it can be sidabled. Just right click on the cd and go into the properties. then you have the pulldown, under music, pictures, etc just select an action to perform, "take no action" that way it may still scan but it wont do anyhting. Also searching on the forum for the reg tweak, to completely turn it off.

Sure it can be sidabled.  Just right click on the cd and go into the properties.  then you have the pulldown, under music, pictures, etc just select an action to perform,  "take no action" that way it may still scan but it wont do anyhting.  Also searching on the forum for the reg tweak, to completely turn it off.

This also disables the CD with autorun.inf files. I need those CDs to still autorun

Going back to holding down SHIFT... Gives you absolute control.

I find that usually what Windows "decides" a CD/DVD/USB key is (ie music, pictures, video or mixed content) more often than not it's wrong. Besides I/you don't always want to perform the same task for the same content.

Besides, my USB key is definatly "mixed content" and Windows ALWAYS reports it as "Photos" of which I have none on the key - go figure.