New .cpl Extensions!

@ totoymola I just started using that prog 4 days ago. Really simple and easy to learn.

Awwww come on guys this is fun to make these.

Anyway I found an app that does this CPL File Maker

Kindof Shareware but the nag is very rare yet I have the full version so I will still make any for those who want them.

Quick question about CPL File Maker, I have given it a try and have only one problem.

The icon I am using is an ico file containing several versions of the same icon from 8bit 16x16 through to 32bit 48x48, but in the Control Panel it seems to show the lowest quality one. Do you know of a way for the best quality one to be shown, either by input into the program, pre-creation or by post editing the cpi

Thanks

@ totoymola I just started using that prog 4 days ago. Really simple and easy to learn.

Well, yes if you're using ISTools or the other similar program. :) I tried it before, but all I can say is I'm still better on msi's. :lol:

The icon I am using is an ico file containing several versions of the same icon from 8bit 16x16 through to 32bit 48x48, but in the Control Panel it seems to show the lowest quality one. Do you know of a way for the best quality one to be shown, either by input into the program, pre-creation or by post editing the cpi

What I normally do is I edit the icon file itself, and I delete all the 256 color and 16 bit format using an icon editor. So the lowest quality will still be Windows XP icon type. :)

edit:

delete all the 8 bit icon formats also. Try Axialis Icon Workshop. It's really good for modifying/creating icons. Then hack the *.cpl file directly and insert your icon.

Okay, after reading the instructions, i found 'Files used to select icons must be 32-bit files', so that is now sorted.

The question now is does the program convert my 32bit 32x32 icon, for use in 9x systems or is the prog even compatible with non XP CPL applets.

Very interesting, know this is slighty off topic but is it possible to change the icon of an existing cont panel ext in the system32 folder.

eg. I shortcut for instance the IE options to the desktop in UA but unfortuneately without the icon? The inetcpl.cpl file only?

Very interesting, know this is slighty off topic but is it possible to change the icon of an existing cont panel ext in the system32 folder.

eg. I shortcut for instance the IE options to the desktop in UA but unfortuneately without the icon? The inetcpl.cpl file only?

Reshack will even show you the icon and let you change it.