New Shutdown Dialog

Tihiy

nah. I prefer the older shutdown menu that is built in Win98se so I can do the restart Windows trick. The trick is to hold the Shift key (the left Shift key) while selecting the Restart option in Win98's shutdown menu and it will restart Windows instead of restarting the computer and going through the whole boot process. The restart Windows tip saves some time.

Tihy, the goal for us is to keep on using w98, not turning w98 into an XP platform.  :lol:

if you replace all the things we like in w98 by things we don't like in xp, what's the point?

yeah, Fredledingue has got a good point. I don't care about style points. The shutdown menu in Win98 is good enough for me so why bother changing it.

erpdude8, before bashing, HAVE YOU TRIED TO PRESS SHIFT?!!!!

OKAY, mister wise guy! I did test out your shutdown dialog applet [shutdown.exe] on three machines. One using Win98fe, one using Win98se and the other WinME.

Almost all of the shutdown options from your shutdown applet worked EXCEPT for the Standby option. The Standby option did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the Win98fe and Win98se computers. And selecting Standby from your shutdown applet put my WinME computer into hibernation mode instead of standby. WHOOPS!

That's it! I'll just stick with the built-in shutdown dialog boxes provided in my Win98/ME systems since ALL of the options in the shutdown menu built-in Win98 & WinME work EXACTLY as expected, including the Standby option which works on machines using either the APM 1.1/1.2 or ACPI power management standard.

But look on the bright side, Tihiy, at least the most of the shutdown options in your shutdown dialog box you made do work correctly.

Tihy, the goal for us is to keep on using w98, not turning w98 into an XP platform.  :lol:

if you replace all the things we like in w98 by things we don't like in xp, what's the point?

yeah, Fredledingue has got a good point. I don't care about style points. The shutdown menu in Win98 is good enough for me so why bother changing it.

hey, I think it's good to make it more like XP (looks, features like transparency :P , etc).

Maybe best to make each 'feature' optionable, if possible...

Big advantage: no big brother registration.....one of the reasons I won't upgrade (some of my pc's are too old to support XP well, too)...

So there are very good reasons for Revolutions...and I applaud Tihiy for trying :thumbup !!!

erpdude8, stop crying like baby.

I believe this version is not even beta and isn't replacing the default shutdown dialog. So... You claim that standby isn't working well? I'll explore this problem. Have you tried to press Shift --> what Hibernate option does on ME system?