How Do I Do A Unattended Wmp10 Install?

Joffer

Downoad the ORDINARY installer from microsoft's site and install it using the command line below:

MP10SETUP.EXE /Q:A /C:"SETUP_WM.EXE /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

And use Search more frequently... :whistle:

About using search more.. trust me.. I've been searching for over two hours for this.. and then I gave up..

And for the solution - thanks.

Is it compatible with cmdlines.txt? Or do u install it from another "location"?

Joffer dont feel bad, I tried looking for a way to do this, only way I found was the slipstream method. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...t=130&p=295014&

Some of the more advanced members sometimes dont understand that doing a search that sometimes spawns not only 1 topic but multiple ones is hard to navigate through. And then when you do find a post its 14+ pages long and u dont have the time to read them all, when all you really want is a nice easy simple "These are the steps". There needs to be an easily searchable database for applications, without the 14 pages of reading to find out the proper steps.

Some of the more advanced members sometimes dont understand that doing a search that sometimes spawns not only 1 topic but multiple ones is hard to navigate through. And then when you do find a post its 14+ pages long and u dont have the time to read them all, when all you really want is a nice easy simple "These are the steps". There needs to be an easily searchable database for applications, without the 14 pages of reading to find out the proper steps.

Do you know how many times a "database" has been requested? I've heard the request and dang it, I'm working on it, but it takes time to make sure there aren't bugs in the programming as well as the search. It will be a part of the Unattended site.

Now as for Step-By-Step instructions, I have to disagree. I personally am under the belief that if the member learns on their own without a direct step by step walkthrough they can then port their experiences to other software as well. People learn more from vague instructions (not too vague, but not direct either) as they have to think and problem solve (both of which is not emphasized in most educations).

Now....if you would be observant (no offense meant, but more of a look this way), look at the bottom of EVERY topic and you'll see a SEARCH TOPIC box to narrow down the search even farther.

NO ONE should expect a fully working applicaiton right CD after one day.

Didnt realize you were working on a DB, I apologize.

but sometimes being a little too vague is a problem. In a dif post I was completly confused over what to do and when to do it, as the author never specified when to run the command file. Im not about to guess and potentially screw up my UACD or my system, id rather know when, than anything else.

And tbh ive never seen the search topic lol, thanks that should help me out a bit.

;)

that's odd, I could have sworn the

was the command execute from that SFX file. I'll double check later.

I swear I've copied it from my .cmd file that installs my stuff and it works fine for me! :)

I've downloaded a silent install of WMP10 from http://unattended.msfn.org/global/downloads.htm. Running it from cmdlines.txt and it works fine except it pops up complaining about System Restore being disabled. Is it possible to get around this popup? I've been searching the forums and all but haven't found a thing.

The best way I found to avoid this issue is to install from svcpack.inf http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/hotfix/svcpack.htm

I've downloaded a silent install of WMP10 from http://unattended.msfn.org/global/downloads.htm. Running it from cmdlines.txt and it works fine except it pops up complaining about System Restore being disabled. Is it possible to get around this popup? I've been searching the forums and all but haven't found a thing.

The best way I found to avoid this issue is to install from svcpack.inf http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/hotfix/svcpack.htm

And why it is "the best"? :) I think the best way is the method that doesn't require any modifications to the files, all the installation is carried out using the command line switches. My method works fine for me!

that's odd, I could have sworn the

was the command execute from that SFX file. I'll double check later.

As I said, this works :) I made myself a mp10setup.cmd file with this code in it and it works like a charm. The only thing I want to fix now is cosmetics; is it possible to hide the command prompt window that shows a few seconds?

Joffer dont feel bad, I tried looking for a way to do this, only way I found was the slipstream method. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...t=130&p=295014&

+

Do you know how many times a "database" has been requested? I've heard the request and dang it, I'm working on it, but it takes time to make sure there aren't bugs in the programming as well as the search. It will be a part of the Unattended site.

Now as for Step-By-Step instructions, I have to disagree. I personally am under the belief that if the member learns on their own without a direct step by step walkthrough they can then port their experiences to other software as well. People learn more from vague instructions (not too vague, but not direct either) as they have to think and problem solve (both of which is not emphasized in most educations).

Now....if you would be observant (no offense meant, but more of a look this way), look at the bottom of EVERY topic and you'll see a SEARCH TOPIC box to narrow down the search even farther.

NO ONE should expect a fully working applicaiton right CD after one day.

Learn by doing is fine by me.. I'll manage without a complete step-by-step guide as long as I can find some steps here and some there.. But I see myself as an advanced user who learn fast, so others might need a easier step-by-step guide, but then again, one should perhaps not go about a tweaked unattended XP-CD if one doesn't know much about more advanced stuff.. again, learn-by-doing :)

About "searc topic", I use the browsers FIND feature to find posts with my search-words.. but it is not always easy to find what you are looking for when you get 20+ posts. Oh.. I guess "Search topics" is search again inside the results? :)

Again - the above (second post) command works for WMP10 :)

The only thing I want to fix now is cosmetics; is it possible to hide the command prompt window that shows a few seconds?
Yeah, it's possible :) Download the CMDOW.EXE tool and hide the wndow with the following command:
@CMDOW @ /HID

Or you may use AutoIt compiled script to execute the .cmd files and do not show them at all. I personally use this method and think it's the best and easiest way!

Good Luck! :D