Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

hello. as long as I could see reshacker, used to replace resources in xpize, doesn't seem to support 64bit executables and since its website hasn't been updated since 2002 I don't think that it will ever support them

shouldn't you consider using another program? :P

1. What about in next x-pize release ability to make your own personal set of icons to replace and/or to be replaced?! That would be awesome! Choice what to do! And how Win will look! As I like MacOs black&white icons I could make set... If Xpize just 'reshacking' files than it should be to do... Am I right?

2. Hope Xpize is smart program and patching only files that are present in Windows (coz of Nlited XP or something else) and have no problems with absences...

3. What happened if next SP, hotfix or patch will change some files? Can we Xpize them again? Are they new ones from hotfix?? I hope! :)

What do you think about pt. 1?

1. What about in next x-pize release ability to make your own personal set of icons to replace and/or to be replaced?! That would be awesome! Choice what to do! And how Win will look! As I like MacOs black&white icons I could make set... If Xpize just 'reshacking' files than it should be to do... Am I right?

2. Hope Xpize is smart program and patching only files that are present in Windows (coz of Nlited XP or something else) and have no problems with absences...

3. What happened if next SP, hotfix or patch will change some files? Can we Xpize them again? Are they new ones from hotfix?? I hope! :)

What do you think about pt. 1?

1. it has been said before that XPize purpose never was to totally change windows interface, there are already tons of shellpacks for this. its objective was simply to replace win9x old stuff (icons and bitmaps) with an updated version AKA xpiz-ed version.

if you want a mac os x look, flyakite's transformation pack cover this pretty well.

i'm interested on what you have in mind: how do you planned to create your own personal set of icons to replace and/or to be replaced? and how will you add them to xpize? a drop-box or... ?

2. using nlited version here and never had problems ;)

3. there is already an update feature accessible from shortcuts on startup menu to be used after system files replacement :)

True, but as I'm still in 32bit land, I find reshacker easiest to use. Anyone know a 64bit resource replacer that's as easy to use as reshacker?

yes but xpero uses some .ini files to replace the resources, maybe there's a 64bit program that supports that method too that could be used. If there's not, xp/2003 64bit will probably never be supported :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I really like XPize, because it makes eversthing look "smooth" ^_^

One thing: I integrated a little icon change into the XPize folders, but the problem is that the updater only looks for changed system files, but not for changed stuff in the XPize folder. This could enable people to make their own packs, that they could release.

Hi

The icons for Internet Restrictions could also be XPized.

@Cr4z33

The Royale 5 color mod is too buggy. I like Royale, also in different colors but this one is crap.

Edited by flupke

The logon screen should be easy to fix. You have to enable the welcome text in order for the shut down text to appear.

cool, didn't know about that :)

btw, i've messed a lot with UITEXT and at the moment i'm a bit lost lol

i'll try to compare default xp logon with this one. actually i'm modifying the user panel.

• 3 weeks later...

@XPero i have xpized the file "iernonce.dll". This is the icon used when users lauch runonceex ,this currenlty has an ugly plain icon.

runonceex.jpg

Maybe you could include this in XPize 4

Image1.jpg