Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

Do you mean Longhorn? It's very unstable and you won't find any drivers for it, I had problems with a Creative AudioPCI of VMWare, this card works without drivers in Win2k XP and ME but Longhorn hasn't got the driver!

Bad news about the IE about logo. I've tried and tried to replace it but it just doesnt get replaced. Even in doing it in Reshacker manually, it just looks the same as the original
I've managed to replace it. Do you still have problems?

Anyways, I'll write what I did:

First i took the graphic made by klasa and saved is as a gif. Then I did a search on IE5.GIF, and noticed it is named IE5.GIF.gif, I replaced the file. Then I made a search on shdoclc.dll. I deleted the one in dllcache, and edited the the system32 folder with ResHacker. I found IE5.GIF under 2110 and replaced it with the gif file I made from klasa's image. I saved and it works. :thumbup

I hope this helps you, if you had not already found out of it.

EDIT: I also changed the XP-icon (the color on the original was not good imo), in the same dialog as the IE-logo, by changing the FLAG.GIF

one suggestion,

i've been looking for this for a long time

a longhorn xpize version or something like that

or sobebody can just share the dll, exe, etc with pics

so i can make it on my own!

anyway thanks for the great tool

making a longhorn version of xpize for windows xp just defeats the purpose of why XPize is XPize. It just makes windows xp, windows xp!

Hey,

Well the reason I hate the logon is I dont know what it's doing (and when windows is shutting down I dont kno what it's doing) I need the promts as I am visually impaired.

-Romeo

Hey,

Well the reason I hate the logon is I dont know what it's doing (and when windows is shutting down I dont kno what it's doing) I need the promts as I am visually impaired.

-Romeo

thanks man, i'll see what i can do about it ;)

No No Thanx you :) it's nice to know your willing to listen and can help (I just miss the prompts it helps me know what windows is doing). If you look threw my other posts you'll see a couple things I'd like to match this pack (if you go to the display properties and hit desktop the montior is old school :D same with screensaver tab (the theme shown in the monitor is Luna) Thanxs for reading this and hey thanks for paying attention to your posters.

hey heres a suggestion. you should xpize the run dialog. I know its possible because i have seen a tutorial on how to do it somewhere on the web but i forgot where. The same run dialog has been around since windows 95.