Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

XPero - I think this version is great. can it make toast in the morning ? that would be good.

But if that fails how about the ablity to change themes once it is installed on a standard installation.

hail hail

After i installed Xpise 3.1 on my XP Pro SP2+hotfixes all was good untill i tried to apply RVMUpdatePack1.2.1 Full into my XP SP2 cd source. When you run the file _integrate.exe it reports Windows as "Xpise 3 Codename.." ,etc and the process will error saying something like "indentifer files were missing" without allowing you to complete. Once i unintstalled Xpise and rebooted it would detect XP Pro correctly and finished ok.

Not sure if its your fault or his because it seems that _integrate.exe was trying to detect the Windows i was currently booted into and not the actual Windows it was going to be working on because my source hadnt been patched with your app which doesnt make any sense unless one has to be booted into a XP SP2 enviroment to use _integrate.exe.

Anyway, thought ya should know.

would be nice for a more customized install, and a brief explanation on what is modified for each file that is chosen. Other than that, I think the app is very well made. kudos to you!

I did posted it as a suggestion. I dont see it as a bug but as an inconvenience because it should'nt change the indentifier settings of my OS, just my icons. Its easier that i SUGGEST that it not do that in the next release than to uninstall Xpise everytime i want to update my XP source files when there is a new RVMupdate available.

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread anyway.

change the hh.exe icons (c:/windows/hh.exe) to windows xp style.

hh.exe - Html Help Control (Help viewer)

;)

Definately Agree! The icons in HH is YUCK!.

hh.exe icons are already replaced, arent they? :)

For the enhancement, I don't know if it will go against XPero's rules or not but how about a way for users to manually add the stuffs they want?

Such as replacing some similar bitmaps in many dlls at once with user specified bitmap(s).

I know that one can do this process by using the reshacker or some silimar programs but like me, I don't know how to replace some dlls like shell32.dll during when Windows is running.

moveex.exe doesn't work for me anyway so..