HitMan 2 Banned from UK Store Chains

MSNwar

_38495841_hitman300.jpg

11/26/2002 12:34 AM

UK Stores Ban Game They Say is Racist

UK store chains like Woolworths and PC World are refusing to sell the game Hitman 2 because they say it is racist. The stores are responding to complaints from Sikh groups who object to characters in the game killing people with turbans.

Sikhs think the level in the game resembles a massacre where Indian police in 1984 killed hundred of Sikhs in the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The game tells players that the people are terrorists.

Eidos, which makes Hitman 2, states that it will no longer have this level in other versions or in the next version for the GameCube. Eidos has apologized to Sikhs who feel offended by the game.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk

Click Here

i find it offensive that theres a level where white and black people get killed, it must be a racist game. :)

i also think that packman is predjudiced towards ghosts, i mean they arent all that bad, look at casper.

And jurassic park should be banned, i know not all dinosoars are evil, barney told me.

Political correctness can kiss my shiny metal a**.

im also emailing this comment to Eidos and woolworths.. but wollies always have been a bunch of idiots.

well i think this kind of thing is stupid just because a minority group is seen killing someone in a game doesnt mean the game is racist surely!

maybe we should have a world where only white people are seen in a negative light!

i doubt anyone actually plays threw a game then thinks anything of say an arab wielding an ak47 and killing people it wouldnt be seen as racist if people didnt go on about it being racist IMHO

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: There are too many sensitive people out there who just don't want to have their feeling hurt by "Offensive" material, be it video games(ie. Hitman 2), music(ie. Eminem) etc, It's pretty astounding :D but then again, I don't really care about 99 percent of the population on this planet, so why am I worried? :D

They are just games!! They don't translate to real life!! if they do, it's in miniscule amounts, by stupid people who really should know better!! There we go, I've ranted, I feel better. :)

:rolleyes: There are too many sensitive people out there who just don't want to have their feeling hurt by "Offensive" material, be it video games(ie. Hitman 2), music(ie. Eminem) etc, It's pretty astounding :D  but then again, I don't really care about 99 percent of the population on this planet, so why am I worried?  :D

They are just games!! They don't translate to real life!! if they do, it's in miniscule amounts, by stupid people who really should know better!! There we go, I've ranted, I feel better. :)

:ditto:

:D

=Drew

That's really sad they pulled the game because you kill people with turbans... first of all, turban wearing people are not a race... If I decide to wear a turban does that mean I'm part of this "race"? Why don't people complain about white people getting killed in video games? I mean the games are being racist against white people..... I don't see their logic behind this, but then again most of the world's population is stupid..

• 5 years later...

Some stuff I have to reply to and this is that stuff.

"Sikh groups who object to characters in the game killing people with turbans"

Hmm, so its racist towards turbans!

A turban when unraveled becomes nothing more than a piece of cloth.

Sikhs arn't complaining, they are making this sh*t up!

Eidos probably started the rumour to promote it.

Bloke A: Has it got you running about killing people?

Bloke B: Yeah.

Bloke A: Boring, every game is like that.

Bloke B: Yeah but in this you kill people with turbans!

Bloke A: WTF OMFG cool!