Lang Folder

Im trying to make my XP CD a bit smaller and in the guide it says that I can delete the LANG folder.

If you have a localized language version of Windows in your own language, then you probably can also delete:

LANG. This will free up approximately 99 MB (This may vary)

How do I know if I have a localised version?

The language I want to keep is English. Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious :(

Thanks.

Im trying to make my XP CD a bit smaller and in the guide it says that I can delete the LANG folder.
If you have a localized language version of Windows in your own language, then you probably can also delete:

LANG. This will free up approximately 99 MB (This may vary)

How do I know if I have a localised version?

The language I want to keep is English. Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious :(

Thanks.

I tend to delete the entire contents of the Lang folder but leave the folder there in i386 & haven't experienced any probs to date.

l

Yes, delete it right away!!!! It will save you some precious space. You won't need it anyway, even if you're going to install the localized MUI after it (tried it myself, everything worked fine for me). But by the way, there's one thing I wonder, why the hell Micro$oft needed to cram the cd with the useless stuff... Probably it's not useless at all, but what does it do?

it's not useless, it provides support for complex chinese, korean and japanise characters, and there is more than 50000 of those...not only that, the folder provides support for recognizing handwriting of these characters...

basically, it's not crap, but most of us doesn't use it...

i've personally also delete most of the contents in LANG folder...

• 2 months later...

ok , what if i want to to keep a language with english for example , i want windows support both arabic and english and i don't want the rest of those languages , i used nLite but every time i use it the XP source gets damaged , when i install it begins saying ,"cann't copy ....." any help would be apperciated