Messenger Pb: Can't Start Video/audio Conversation

coucou

Hello,

Until today i could run MSN Messenger and start a video and/or Audio conversation with success.

Today i got no chance to start any conversation Video, Audio, I can't even run Audio/Video Tuning Wizard although i did not "touch" any config option of messenger.

I tested my webcam and Audio board, they works fine.

I uninstall (twice) Messenger 6.2, reboot and install it again without success.

I uninstall Messenger 6.2, reboot and install Messenger 7 (beta)without success too.

When I try to Start an Audio conversation i got "We are having technical difficulties accessing the audio and video capabilities of your computer. Please restart MSN Messenger and try again." error message.

When I try to Start an Video conversation i got "The invitation to this video conversation was not sent because (Anyone) is using an older version of Messenger that does not support this feature" error message.

When I try runing the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard I got "We are unable to run Audio/Video Tuning Wizard at this time." error message.

Thanks for any help

coucou

When I try to Start an Video conversation i got "The invitation to this video conversation was not sent because (Anyone) is using an older version of Messenger that does not support this feature" error message.

i believe that is doing that because the other person has a differnece versiont hen you currently have. The other i dont know about, i dont know but about MSN. I have it but i just use it for IM purposes.

i believe that is doing that because the other person has a differnece versiont hen you currently have

NO! The other person have exactly the same version. Moreover, i get this error message with all my contacts when just the day before i yesterday i spook with them through messenger.

And, why I can't run the Audio/Video Tuning wizard?

Regards

coucou

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try to explain this to my best knowledge.

MSN has two video features(a new one!):

1) Video Conference(old one, still in version 7.0.0777, just hidden)

2) Video Conversation(new one, only in version 7.0.0732 and 7.0.0777)

Your getting an error because you clicking on video conversation. Read on.

To use video conference:

Open the contact window of the person you want to start video conference with and go to:

Actions>Audio/Video>More>Start a Video Conference

Not the main window, its hidden in everyone's contact window.

It's simple as that.

Now about 'video conversation' feature:

Microsoft/MSN went with logitech and some other company and created the new feature 'video conversation'(with full screen view). They created 'video conversation' to have the audio/video sync together, instead of having it split up. Makes it better. This feature is not working for me etheir and I think its not working because it hasnt been started yet.

Hope This helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I´m new here...

Messenger 7.0.0777, installed in 2 computers in my home network with Internet by router connection, works fine between the 2 PC´s (Video and Audio).

Connection one PC (here in Brazil) to a PC in The Netherlands, gives me Video, but no Audio. (The Dutch PC works OK with other Dutch users)

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Pieter.

I have always had a problem not getting any audio with Microsoft Instant Messenger, and IM 7 is no better - however, something came up whilst I have been trying to resolve the problem. My computer told me that it would not work because I have a Pop-up stopper program running. I have not had an opportunity to see if this makes a difference yet, but it is worth noting that other such programs can interfere with Messenger.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this problem never answered??? Certainly not answered in all the above comments. And i've never seen a decent answer anywhere else either.

I have this problem of the audio/video wizard not running on one of my computers, cant run audio/tuning wizard etc...

But, it does work on my other computers, (frustratingly the one I want is my prime work station computer.) They all have the same version of MSN, so that can't be it. It matters not what the other party has, it just will not work on that one computer. I've tried over months with different winXP upgrades/fixes, updating MSN, turning off popup blocker, holding my mouth right etc etc..

With so many other posts on the net re this problem you'd think it would be nailed by now. The techs at MSN must know what is happening here surely.

Basically when you try to run audio/tuning wizard a message comes up saying "can't run audio/video tuning wizard at this time", and nothing you seem to do will fix it. WHY????

Does anybody actually know??? PLEEEEESE