Slipstream Sp2 Into Sp1?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before, but I don't know how to find it. I know that it's recommended to slipstream SP2 into a fresh, blank copy of i386. But my original CD (XP Home) was the kind with SP1 already built into it.

Is there a way to slipstream SP2 into it? Because I tried and I got an error.

sp2_error.JPG

I just tried it with nLite and I got the same error.

That brings up an interesting thought, since it's recommended to start with a "plain" XP disc and then slipstream from there. For the last few years any version of XP you buy off the shelf already has a Service Pack built in. So how does one even find a "plain" XP disc?

To Professor Frink,

Gunsmokingman's first suggestion works perfectly. Like you said everyone has at least SP1a now. After you copy your OS cd contents, delete svcpack.inf. Slipstream sp2 over those files, then create the iso image from within nlite. It works perfectly. My next step is going for hotfixes. Gotta see if dvds can be bootable. My new os cd is at 690.

Frink, is that a Dell (or other OEM) CD? I know Dell would also add hotfixes and such to their CD, which is why SP2 wouldn't integrate into it. Like gunsmokingman said, removing the svcpack directory should allow you to do it (you'll also want to verify that svcpack.inf is empty afterwards)