Conect Router To Second Nic

I have a U.S Robotics USR8003 router.

It has the following problem, when ever there are to many conections (P2P) going thru it it starts to lock up.

Already treid to contact U.S Robotics, but they never really understood it cause they kept on talking about hooking up more computers then 4 and that, that was possible, explainded it over and over and now not getting any answer at all.

Also read on the net already that this problem exsist with this router.

so now i still can't go on to the net with both my computers or share file's between the both of them. (don't want to switch cable's constanly)

Now i have on my computer where my i-net conection is a second NIC, so i was wondering of i could use my second NIC to connect both computers thru the router.

Then i can hook up more computers if needed, and also i the file transfer goes much faster then just linking the computers thru a crossed UTP cable.

So then i can use 1 Computer for P2P and i still have a network over the second NIC.

Thx for the page but it isn't help me.

I have treid the following.

1e nic is the ISP on

2e nic treid that without any IP number or anything just enable internet sharing on the first nic and put it in my Wan poort of my router that's not working

2e nic gave it IP 192.168.0.1 connect the cable into the lan poort (router itself use 192.168.123.254) no gatway not working and even my orginal internet conection droops dead.

2e nic disable internet sharing on first nic use IP 192.168.0.1 gateway router IP not working and internet conection droop dead.

Is there any one who can help me step by step how to conect my router to my second nic and i can keep my ISP on the first nic.

And i'm able to share folders thru the router network and i'm able to connect more computers if needed and if possible also use the internet on the other computers that are connected to the router.

Yes finnely fixed it :D

It's a mather of fixing the IPs thru the router.

The main computer where the ISP is on have to have a shared internet conection, when you do that it give the second Nic IP 192.168.0.1 that IP nr you also have to give it in to the router.

Then it's just a mather of apionting the other computers with there own I.P and that's it.

Just plugin the UTP cable's to the Lan gate's and it work like a charm, no falling away of the DNS or anything.

Hope this help other people who might have the same prob, or having trouble with there router which can't handle to much connections.