[how To] Make An Xpized Windows Cd

XPero

Before we start:

- This guide has been made with Windows XP users in mind. This guide also can be applied for Windows 2003 and MCE users.

- This guide explains my way of making an XPized Windows CD. Of course all steps explained here are not obligatory.

Tools needed:

- XPize

- nLite

- RyanVM Update Pack

- VMWare Workstation (Optional: testing purposes)

or

- MS Virtual PC (Optional: testing purposes)

- Your genuine Windows CD

Let's start:

1) Make a new folder and copy the contents of your genuine Windows CD on your hard drive (example: C:\WINCD\)

2) Run nLite and make sure you select "Integrate Hotfixes".

3) Select RyanVM Pack and then XPize as hotfixes for integration.

4) It is recommended that you DISABLE SFC.

5) Let nLite do all the job for you.

6) Test your ISO on VMWare or Virtual PC before burning it to CD (optional, but strongly recommended).

F.A.Q:

Q: How can I get XPize extras using this method?

A: Install XPize normally in your machine before making your XPized CD and take all you need. The logon is in C:\WINDOWS\System32\XPize_Logon.exe and themes are in their normal locations (C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes), the rest can be found in C\WINDOWS\XPize (hidden by default). However, if you like extras, it is better to install normal XPize after Windows has been set up.

Q: Do I need the uxtheme patch?

A: If you want support for third party themes, apply the patch using nLite or whatever method you use. XPize won't do that for you using this method.

Edited by XPero

But how can I get the regkeys that xpize creates? For the Dosbox color, i mean. And can I get out the cpl file for Adobe Gamma? And are there other cpl files that XPpize changes? Please help.

BTW, I tested this two hours ago and this is awesome!!! I will definitely use it. :thumbup

But how can I get the regkeys that xpize creates? For the Dosbox color, i mean. And can I get out the cpl file for Adobe Gamma? And are there other cpl files that XPpize changes? Please help.

BTW, I tested this two hours ago and this is awesome!!! I will definitely use it. :thumbup

Just Install XPize normally in your machine and take all you need: WinRAR, Adobe Gamma (found in their respectives locations), CMD mod called "XPize Command.reg" (found in C:\Windows\XPize), etc...then use them in your recently installed system.

Hi Xpero,

Your creationo are excellent, i used it and it totally satisfied me

Thanks for bringing this to us

oh btw, i have an idea for you. Before i use Xpize, Longhorn Transformation pack9 had take place for all my icons, such as My computer, Hardrive, My documents etc.

I think they are pretty nice if you could also changed XP icon into Longhorn style, (I only taking about Icons that are in Explorer.exe and Shell32.dll)

so Ya, if you think you want to give it a try, I could provide you my current (Explorer.exe and Shell32.dll) for preference

But it alright if you dont like it... It just something i think it would make it look better

Thanks again for bringing us Xpize v3!!!

How about themes? I really like xpize except for the DOS window ;)

First post edited with F.A.Q. About CMD, with this method you won't get it, so feel happy if you want :)

XPero

I'll have a look at it :)

However, the patch method didn't work for me at all. After the unattended install I get the normal windows look.

You did something wrong...reread the guide ;)

What do you mean with Windows look? Because the theme will not be integrated with the i386 method. You have to pick the theme out of your current windows. On my computer, everything works. (XPize graphics, Royal Theme, WinRar theme)

• 5 weeks later...

7) Start nLite again and use it normally. Make sure you disable SFC protection Then make the ISO

Is it possible to disable SFC only for certain files?

Disabling SFc is not an option for me.

No, I think.

I'am using xp pro turkish.RyanVM Update Pack file eng.Can ı use that in turkish xp pro?

And thanks your document :)

I think you won't have any problem :)

• 2 weeks later...