Small Business Server 2003

dhs13

try looking at the website of xpcreate, namely - the following link:

http://xpcreate.com/current.htm

and scroll down hehe

Anymore hotfixes since that date will be in your Windows Update.log that (I think) will be in the installation dir of 2003 i.e. c:\windows

You can look through that to find more hotfixes - providing you are running the server and have been keeping it up-to-date

Regards,

N.

...but doesn't have all the files. It is missing 80% of the files

Really...thats a bit odd :S

I dunno if it'll be much help but I'll *try* (and remember) to get a list of them from my two servers and see if theres anything since the failsafe hotfix list on the XPC website

EDIT: This will probably be around Wednesday due to the easter holiday here and that I'm off for a few days so sorry about that.

I'm using Srv 2003 Std tho, not SBS, so I *hope* it isnt any different.

I wouldnt imagine it wud be really, not for the usual critical patches and so on but you never know.

isnt 2003 lovely? - GP works soooo well (sorry - digressing hehe ;))

Regards,

N.

PS Service Pack 1 will be out before long remember - anyone know when it's estimated release date is?

What I have found out. There are two files:

c:\program files\WindowsUpdate\V4\uihist.xml and c:\windpws\WindowsUpdate.log that hold most of the information that I need. I am building a new SBS 2003 to check the information.

I saw all the switches I need to silent install all the patches but I can't find it right now.

What I need are 2 things: (1) an easy way to parse the windowsupdate.log and uihist.xml to extract the info that I need and (2) a way to capture all the downmload files that are downloaded in the WUtemp. My 3rd option is to set up a WUS/WSUS server and get only the files that I need.

Which is the way to continue?

thanks

sorry - maybe i was unclear in my PS but either way, you still didnt tell me anything i didnt know hehe ;)

the est release date of srv 2003 SP1 was all i meant.

anyhow...back on topic....

@dhs13:

I plan to set out what is needed myself soon enough - except that it'll be in about 2 weeks time.

I plan on installing Srv 2003 and going to windows update in order to find out the current list. Then manually grabing them by searching for their associated KB numbers and getting the full downloads from there.

Then I can remake the cd via XPC with these hotfixes installed, only if SP1 is coming out soon (thus the question about the release date of it), then this will be pointless as we can slipstream the service pack into the CD build and its all done.

The way to continue all depends on if you urgently need it built now or not, or if u can hang on for a bit until I get to a position where i can help ya with the latest hotfix list for you - or SP1 gets released hehe :)

Regards,

Nath.