Awsome Visual Style!

Orus

yes :(

the .msi file Orus was refering to are just hacks to enable/disable certain things over longhorn (leak 4074).

this is a pure xp system. if you download the msstyles you can find a tutorial on how to create your "glass" taksbar, but it is just a trick of reshacking.

edit: forgot 1 thing, about the 250mb download on microsoft site, they're just libraries based on avalon alphas. i wish when avalon goes final we can have that technology on our xp based systems with some cool new visual effects :)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

this is my longhorn desktop (xp sp2).

just using avedesk, the "glass trick" and a couple of skins :)

@XPerties, if you want a new look you can try the "longhorn transformation pack" that includes a couple of themes that i love.

if you want to go further you can search for "aveshell", its intention is to replace explorer shell with a new shell over samurize and avedesk. it's a bit messy but the final look is amazing

:blushing: what a pitty!

hey symon, cool desktop...I can't wait to have longhorn on my pc! B)

Besides, using too many programs (like windowblinds, y'z dock, y'z shadow, samurize etc..) at the same time, to emulate cool effects, doesn't represent a burden for the system resources? I mean y'z dock takes just 600kb, but altogether becomes significant... does someone know if there is a single program that has all the features necessary for themes, toolbars, dock bars and don't take to much memory?

:whistle:

edit: forgot 1 thing, about the 250mb download on microsoft site, they're just libraries based on avalon alphas. i wish when avalon goes final we can have that technology on our xp based systems with some cool new visual effects

What does this mean?What this libraries do right now? I thought this would have solved the transparence issue...now i'm a little puzzled. What actually this 250mb thing do?

• 3 weeks later...

@Orus, sorry i didn't saw your post until today. yes, that amount of apps take a LOT of system resources, that's why i'm not a fan of desktopx or samurize.

i only use avedesk and yes, is really memory hungry (20mb or so) :thumbdown

about the libraries thing, the download we were talking about are just .dlls for programmers, nothing of interest for deskmodders :P

@sonu27, energy bliss was only intended for MCE :(

they even didn't include a new theme (.msstyles, not windows classic) on the plus! pack for xp. i hope this to change in a short future

• 3 weeks later...

Cool themes! Those are better than the original, though the transparent effect u can achieve with avalon is definitelly stunning to me. I spent time looking for some other news on avalon...it's potentials are great. i hope win longhorn will be also a stable os, not just a breaktrough graphic interface :P 'cause i love what i see so far! Hey buddies do u think a nLite version (i'm addicted to it, simon) will come out for win lh as well? Cheers! :hello:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, If you want the true energy blue (royale) windows theme, then you can get it here (below) also there are instructions on how to set it up into your system properly, yes it was originally built for MCE 2005 but will run on any version of XP, I am currently using it on XP 64 Bit, which by the way is now available for download from the microsoft site (their final release I do believe):

However I wanted this on a windows XP Pro box. So here is how you do it.

Download the energy blue theme

Right click (you can't run it as it will say only available for Xp tablet etc) the downloaded EXE file and extract its content to a local temp folder C:\temp\theme.

Create the following folders under the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder: (I just copied Luna and renamed and deleted extra files)

royale

royale\shell

royale\shell\homestead

royale\shell\metallic

royale\shell\normalcolor

royale\shell\royale

royale\wallpaper

Copy the royale.theme file that you extracted into the main C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder.

Copy the royale.msstyles file into the \royale subfolder.

Copy the shellstyle.dll file into each of the \shell subfolders (royale\shell\homestead, royale\shell\metallic, royale\shell\normalcolor, royale\shell\royale).

Copy the energybliss.jpg file into the \royale\wallpaper subfolder.

Delete all remaining files these are for tablet pc and not required.

When you select the Display Properties Appearance tab you will see two Windows XP style options listed.

One of the style options includes a Royale color scheme (XP automatically selected this, butr just check); select this scheme then on the theme tab, select the Energy Blue theme.

And there you go!!!