Awsome Visual Style!

Orus

Hi everybody!

I've found this picture on the net but with no reference as for what it concerns name, visual style type or any other info. Does anyone of you can help in finding this awsome visual style?

IT?S SIMPLY GREAT!!! :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

aerovs5fg.th.jpg

Here...check it out folks!

i'm pretty sure that theme is a longhorn concept. meaning you won't find exactly that theme with those transparent areas.

you can find a similar one named "longhorn aero"; specifically you can search for "Longhorn Aero UI day".

wallpaper looks like leaf (1280x1024 version)

at the moment i haven't found an accurate imitation of the sidebar but dashboard sidebar does the work pretty good ;)

Hey Simon!

U mean there's no way i can get my xp the way the picture shows? :no::no::blushing:

Is the "Longhorn Aero UI day" part of the longhorn transformation pack? 'cause I've spent time creating a decent Nlited XP version and i'd rather not add burdens to the system...

If aero skins allow alpha blending transparence , how can it be impossible to create such transparence effect for my windows? No .msstyle or .theme file can contain that effect?

Tnx

Hey Simon!

U mean there's no way i can get my xp the way the picture shows?  :no:  :no:  :blushing:

Is the "Longhorn Aero UI day" part of the longhorn transformation pack? 'cause I've spent time creating a decent Nlited XP version and i'd rather not add burdens to the system...

If aero skins allow alpha blending transparence , how can it be impossible to create such transparence effect for my windows? No .msstyle or .theme file can contain that effect?

Tnx

it is part of the pack

Thanks Xpero. Kind of cool stuff this africasystem, though the screenshots don't show any transparence...but once xp gets patched it may work anyway. :)

Now, a little info about the possibility to have that transaperent effect on xp. Since i'm a stubborn kid, I wanted to get a little deeper in the issue. Thus, i've found this:

Public November 2004 "Avalon" Community Technology Preview Including WinFX™ SDK

Looks like Avalon (longhorn's graphic engine and not only) can work on winXP sp2...i haven't tried it yet, but feels like i'm going the right way.

Enjoy :hello:

that is only for longhorn :)

about what you talked about (transparency on msstyles) is not possible. people use a "cheat", you replace a bmp on the style matching the wallpaper so it "appears" that taskbar is transparent, but if you change wallpaper or resolution then everything will be f**** :P

there's NO way at the moment to have that cool effect on xp (at least without using a 3rd party app that i haven't seen at the moment)...