Ooo Ooo I Have A Question!

BlutoniumBoy

Ok, I am so hoping 1 of you have an answer that will help me. It has to do with my vid card. Problem is is it's not the card its self. So, I guess its a video issue.

OK, when ever I use any 3D rendering I get what seem to be jittering. The rendering NEVER completely stops (laggs). So in other words I dont suffer from a lagging issue, in rendering high graphics the video becomes almost to blurry to play. It's not a gaussing issue and its not the monitor itself.

After countless weeks and months of trying to figure this out I figured I would let someone look at it. My system requirements at the time were:

Before: [PSU] Antec Neo 480W After: Enermax 550W

[CPU] 3.2 Northwood SAME

[Cooling]Zalman RST1 WtrCld SAME

[Mobo] Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SAME

[GPU] nVidia 6800 Ultra SAME

[RAM] Corsair TwinX XMS 1024x4000 Corsair TwinX XMS LL PC3200

DDR500 3,4,4,8,8 DDR 400 2,2,2,5,4

[HD's] WD Raptor 74's 10,000RPM RIAD0 SAME

Maxtor 250 UDMA SAME

So after being told that my RAM -I DID NOT BELIEVE THEM- was bottlenecking my system I installed the low latency Corsair and it still did it. So that was a $600.00 mistake, $300.00 for this Co. to replace my PSU that didn't need it and to look at my computer. Then $300.00 more to replace my $380.00 RAM sticks that didn't need it.

So, I figured I would try a 4th card in my computer. I went and bought the ATi x800 and installed that. Same thing! I have reformatted time and time again, tried different cards, different drivers, turning off fast writes, apreture settings, played with voltages, latency timings... Even have tried different mobos and CPU's... What the HECK!!!!

I am left to assume the problem lies within XP. The bus speed is running at 8x, where it should be but something is bottlenecking the graphics. I can't figure this out and I am ready to blow this machine up and go buy an HP.

Any one have any idea's?

I have a x850xt pe and xp, no problems here (using pci-e though). If agp 8x wasn't sufficient (it is) ati and nvidia wouldn't release the cards that are exceeding the capabilities of agp 8x onto the agp 8x platform.

What about your directx and latest drivers? Maybe there may be a grounding or heat issue?

I have a watercooled system and no hardware in my machine goes over 45c underload. Yes, believe it...! I have DX9c and have used b, 8.1 and they all do the same thing. This is the strangest thind I have EVER encountered. Fore some strange reason, NO ONE can figure this out. It almost seems not possible!

I have stumpped the boey on this one. Its all brand new stuff, so nothing could possibly be dirty. I wonder if maybe there is a sequence to installing all the drivers. I know your suppose to install the chipset drivers first then all other system drivers but Im pretyy sure I have done it that way but is there another way of doing so. I heard someowhere that the Intel 875 chipset is very picky about this sort of thing. Problem is, is it all started with my AMD 64 system...then I moved over to Intel and it seems to still have the same issue. Oh well, I guess I will have to play on low settings.

I have brought to a gaming store and it did the same thing there... so its not an interference issue if maybe thats what you were suggesting. Thanks again though.

OK let me explain this a little differently. I have changed EVERY PIECE OF HARDWARE in my system because of this. ITS NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE! Nothing is dirty and nothing is faulty, except the fact that I think the problem lies with in XP. I started with an AMD64 3700+ system and discovered the problem, I changed everything in my computer. In fact, it is a new computer nothing is in here that was in the AMD system. So that rules out hardware. It is either some sort of driver issue with Intel 875Chipset or XPs ability to control the AGP data rate. I noticed in the nVidia Control Panel that the optimal setting is 2x through XP. Is this the issue or is it a glitch in Microsofts fine software?

Just so you know for future reference.

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

A few good examples:

- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist

- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)

- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default

You can see them here.

er...maybe you should have read underneath the "Subject." It gave a "specific" issue. So instead of spamming my thread, find yourself something usefull to do instead of -reaching, cause thats what your doing, to point out something useless and of NO help to me nor any one else. Just because my avatar name says I am a "newbie" does not make me a "NOOB." Come talk to me when your a moderator or have something "legitmate" to correct me about for my future posts. :hello:

er...maybe you should have read underneath the "Subject." It gave a "specific" issue. So instead of spamming my thread, find yourself something usefull to do instead of -reaching, cause thats what your doing, to point out something useless and of NO help to me nor any one else. Just because my avatar name says I am a "newbie" does not make me a "NOOB." Come talk to me when your a moderator or have something "legitmate" to correct me about for my future posts. :hello:

If you're viewing the frontpage however, all you see is "Ooo Ooo I Have A Questio..."

My post was to help you learn the rules. Learn them, read them. They're there for you as well as others. Also, you can change the tag under your avatar in your control panel.

There was no need for you to attack me because I informed you of the forum rules.

nuff said.... :whistle:

Rules

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members.
Please just remember to give a descriptive title next time. That is all he is saying and that was for the sake of your own good, so that more people know what it is and come to read your topic.

Now.... Back on track.

Looks like we'll have to get our hands dirty on this one. ;)

First, merge SP2 into the XP disk, and install the OS clean (after a re-format of C: ).

Then try installing and uninstalling various versions of drivers.

Then try re-formatting and installing XP with SP1, and then plain XP (without any SP).

Then try with win2k and winME/98.

At some point on the above route, you might find that it "works fine now" - tell us what that point is, we shud be able work out some solution.

If nothing at all is able to fix your "blurring" then set your AGP aperture size to 2x your gfx card's size. If even that won't work, then don't dump your current machine. Its just a simple case of unexpected nvidia driver bugs (which is actually rare - nvidia RULES quality!). So just wait it out for some months for new driver releases to iron out your bugs.

If you want to do something instead of staying passively "waiting", then informing nVidia of this problem is a good idea. Tell them your exact conditions (hardware, software environment, the games where this "blur" occurs, whatever other details that you think is relevant). You can contact them through your vendor's customer support, or email them at the addresses given on-site, or through feedback..... Only when they are told what bugs occur in real-world operation, can they fix it!