Created Installers.

Not to down ya kelsenellenelvian, but I don't really see the point of creating installers for programs that don't have to be installed. It adds more clutter to the registry. I guess its good for newbies IMHO. :D Oh well good luck with this although I think this is unnecessary. I would rather see you make installers or repackage apps that can't be silently installed without using a script but I guess I will have to start doing this... :P

i agree with 1chaoticadult,, some files dont need to be installed but programs like ussf, foxitpdf have som files with dem so repacking them wud be helpful.. wat i did with all my small stand alone programs was to create sfx & xtract them to system32.. like freeram xp pro, CPUZ, tweakui, s2kctl, metapad, & RUN them wenever i need to use them... :)

i agree with 1chaoticadult,, some files dont need to be installed but programs like ussf, foxitpdf have som files with dem so repacking them wud be helpful.. wat i did with all my small stand alone programs was to create sfx & xtract them to system32.. like freeram xp pro, CPUZ, tweakui, s2kctl, metapad, & RUN them wenever i need to use them...  :)

Personally I try to avoid installers if possible, but again less experienced users may need them for assure and/or user-friendlyness. I used to be that way awhile ago... :P

CDImageGUI:

CDImageGUI.exe

That's on the Unattended site by the way. As well as just the stand alone CDIMAGE EXE. There's also a preconfigured INI file to help new comers.

http://unattended.msfn.org/global/cdimage.htm

Boot Editor: (After installation click booteditor.cmd to regiser the dlls needed.)

Boot Editor.exe

Again, if the same one I'm thinking of...it's ALSO on site, as well as having the neccesray DLLs without having to register them.

http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmetics/bootscreen.htm

PS: Just added alittle formatting to your post so it all doesn't just run together.

Edited by Alanoll

@ allanol

Booteditor,

Again, if the same one I'm thinking of...it's ALSO on site, as well as having the neccesray DLLs without having to register them.

After having probs on several systems with this I decided to siplify the proccess.

That exe is just an sfx file too most would still need to get the dlls.

That's on the Unattended site by the way. As well as just the stand alone CDIMAGE EXE. There's also a preconfigured INI file to help new comers.

The main reason for the choice on this one is for start menu shortcuts.

now to really amaze people I want to learn how to make a file like cdimagegui.cpl

for control panel addition.