Vmware Problem Hardware Detection Hang Up

Hi!

Vmware has always worked very good for me until tonight. I started the program after creating a new UA image file to check if it works and when the computer has detected the cd and you hit a key it says "Checking hardware configuration" or something like that and that's normal. My problem is that Vmware hangs up at this state and refuses to go on. No error, nothing. What's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Marthax

I had the same problem 2 days ago. It stopped responding during the last stage of installation, and there's no way to uninstall it, becuase it's not really installed. I don't know what the problem is. I can't uninstall and reinstall it. :lol:

ok but, my problem isn't that i'm not able to uninstall or reinstall it. My problem is refuses to get pass the step where the installation says "checking hardware configuration". Can't seem to figure out way.. :blink:

If you have tried to install vmware and used a bad serial number

or if the install failed, it may not reinstall until you have cleaned the registry

of all the entries that vmware left orphaned there. There are literally

thousands of them. I had to do it this way and it took me a full day to search

for and remove them all. I was sweating bullets the entire time but it worked.

The vmware forums have many posts asking the same question but their

answers don't work 100% of the time.

but, I still don't have a problem with vmware that's caused by a wrong serial key or something like that. I have a problem where the program hungs up when the installation is supposed to initialize. I tried using Virtual PC and it gives me the message that the image isn't a correct CD. That it has to be at least 2 mb when it's 4 gb. :blink: This is starting to annoy me..Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? I've tried creating the cd multiple times so it can't be a corrupt image. Anyone?

EDIT: How am I supposed to test my UA CD if Vmware just hangs up all the time?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

now this is really starting to annoy me. I thought that perhaps something was messed up with my UA cd so I decided to create a new one with the same settings and then copy my folder with all the UA program installs to the new cd. I created a ISO file and ran it with VMware. Guess what? When the "Setup is inspecting your hardware configuration..." screen comes up, the computer gets quiet. I thought that perhaps it was just a problem with the reading (although it would be pretty awkward as this is a image file) so i tried waiting a while but, that didn't work. My last attempt was to burn the image on a DVD and to try it out on DVD. That didn't work either. So now I'm asking you guys. What am I doing wrong? I've modified the billboard screen and created a $OEM$ Folder inside the WinXPCD Folder where i keep all off my programs.

Here is my winnt.sif:

[Data]MsDosInitiated = 0

UnattendedInstall = Yes

[unattended]

UnattendSwitch = Yes

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemSkipEula = Yes

FileSystem = *

WaitForReboot = No

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

TargetPath = Windows