Tiny Icons

Eager_Beever

A couple of days ago, I reinstalled WinXP slipstreamed (and unattended) with Service Pack 2. I also applied a registry tweak (which is a BIG compilation of registry tweaks collected from MSFN and other sources including Neowin Autopatcher XP). But now all my icons within Windows Explorer are very small (around half of their normal size). I tried to make them bigger by increasing the value of Icon size from 32 to 48 in Control Panle -> Display -> Appearance -> Advance Appearance -> Item -> Icon. But only my desktop icons became bigger. How can I make all my icons the normal size and color?? If I fail to find a solution, then I will have to reformat my harddisk again and reload everything.

I know one of the solutions will be to install StyleXP/WindowsBlind etc. But I prefer to use the default icons. I tried to apply a different theme also. But it didn't work.

Right clik on icon bar

Select custom (something like that, i use french version so i am not sure of menu traduction)

Switch from small to big icon.

is it working?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SmallIcons]
"SmallIcons"="no"

Thank you Takeshi and titou2k for your replies.

Takeshi

Display Properties > Appearance > Effects >

[√]Use large icons

NB. Sometimes, as I've found, fiddling with desktop DPI also can have strange effects and I had to use SR on more than one occasion.

titou2k

Right clik on icon bar

Select custom (something like that, i use french version so i am not sure of menu traduction)

Switch from small to big icon.

is it working?

CODE

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SmallIcons]"SmallIcons"="no"

I enabled "Use Large Icons". Now my Explorer icons ARE bigger but still smaller then usual. But my Desktop icons are BIG.

The funny thing is my desktop icons ARE of normal size where as ALL my Explorer icons are small than usual. I am attaching the Consolidated Registry Tweak file that I executed and came to this problem. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regtweaks2.reg