Longhorn or OSX style for your desktop  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Longhorn or OSX style for your desktop

• Longorn style
    • OSX style
    • Both looks good
    • Give me windows classic

• 4 weeks later...

i chose Longhorn, but didn't see the classic button (tired)

classic all the way!

b0se classic is my fav

Longhorn skins (on real longhorn) are freakin sweet tho, I love the fading buttons

I've had my first crack at Vista (the operating system formerly known as Longhorn :P), and I'd have to say that I most definately like the layout of Vista a lot better. The ability to quicky move to another subfolder is golden! Not to mention, that some text on the screen describing the window is probably more useful than a tiny thumbnail.

• 3 weeks later...

nLite is a windows installation reduction program, with it you can remove most of the useless junk thats not needed in your windows cd. thus making it install quicker and in nearly all cases the actual windows environment alot more stable.

ive been using nlite for some time now and its by far the most useful program ive ever used. nuhi should be given a medal or something for it. check out the nLite forum along with www.unattended.msfn.org site.

and oh yea my vote goes with longhorn. on a side note IceWM window manager for linux looks rather nice.

Edited by ScubaSteve

I picked Longhorn because if I wanted a Mac I'd go buy one. Contrary to popular perception, from a human interface perspective Windows beats OS X hands-down.

Here's a great article about the dock's shortcomings, by Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini, founder of Apple's Human Interface Group and Apple Employee #6.

That said, I use the System 5 visstyle by andymorum, with RAD.E8's icons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...