Good First Person Shooters

eggy524

If I couldnt get AA working on a 1.8ghz with 512mb ram and a 12mb video card it certainly wouldnt look good for you im afraid...

12MB (How embarrassing) GFX card no wonder

You will be able to pay most games mate, I run LOADS of NEW Games on my laptop and that’s well Ok a bit faster than yours with a Athlon XP 2600+ M with 768MB and Radeon 9000-M (64MB)

In my experience all you need it 256MB Min if its onboard GFX chip 512 is required and 64MB Gfx memory is sufficient for almost all games inc HL2, DoW, SW-RC, SW-KOTOR I&II, SW-BF, Halo. I could go on, I will say this some games in particular real time strategy all computers struggle, My friends Athlon 64 3200 was running stuttering A LOT my Athlon XP 3200 walked the distance, just coz it has 1GB of ram as appose to a standard retail machine with 256MB.. COME ON 256??? Dell, HP, Compaq you have no idea how much money I have made by just adding some more RAM, oh one more thing about Retail PCs the HD only have 2MB Cache!!

Save your money build it ya self! If this Code Monkey can do it so can you

I supose only advantage is you get the software for the PC with them and suposrt if you don't mind not having a PC for weeks on end while its being fixed only for same problem to happen down the line.

Oops, I said 12mb? lol Sorry I meant 128! The reason it wouldnt work for me is easily the Celeron processor, thats whats letting my PC down at the moment (I'm trying to get it up to at least a 2GHZ P4). You've got a good quality athlon and that will add some pushing power to your games, you can have all the ram in the world and a good gfx card but without a quality processor (like mine ISNT), youre not gonna get anywhere im afraid.

Its only recently after upgrading my RAM to 768 that I'm now entering a stage where upgrading the RAM or video card simply wont cut it. The processor is holding me back so much! Despite how s***ty my comp is (What do you expect its a 2 year old E-machines ffs lol), I do feel it still has a bit of power to be unleashed once I get a better cpu in there.

Oops, I said 12mb? lol Sorry I meant 128! The reason it wouldnt work for me is easily the Celeron processor, thats whats letting my PC down at the moment (I'm trying to get it up to at least a 2GHZ P4). You've got a good quality athlon and that will add some pushing power to your games, you can have all the ram in the world and a good gfx card but without a quality processor (like mine ISNT), youre not gonna get anywhere im afraid.

Its only recently after upgrading my RAM to 768 that I'm now entering a stage where upgrading the RAM or video card simply wont cut it. The processor is holding me back so much! Despite how s***ty my comp is (What do you expect its a 2 year old E-machines ffs lol), I do feel it still has a bit of power to be unleashed once I get a better cpu in there.

Celery, Oh great yea no wounder

I ended up having to fix a P4 Celery Stick as the board was fried replaced it with....

DURON 600!

You know what he fone me few days later after getting it back and said it was MUCH faster the Celeron was 2.7GHz???

I did find the Asus A7V600X to be very quick that the duron was sat in. and also it was tweaked using my untility that has been taken offline at the mo as theres a problem it course with network shares and also due to upcoming release of v2

If I couldnt get AA working on a 1.8ghz with 512mb ram and a 128mb video card it certainly wouldnt look good for you im afraid...

LMFAO..... I had it going on a 1ghz PIII with 256mb ram and a 64mb Geforce 2 card, just turn down the video settings and it played nicely, NOT brilliant but it was playable.

I don't know what your idea of playable is then.

It was HORRIBLE lol!

Like I said my Duron system was great, ran anything I through at it,

Anyway lylo, it depends what res you like to game at! I perfure 1028x768

Also your hardware maybe setup badly, could have old drivers, IE I thought this PC had drivers for my R9000 but loaded up DoW and the image was corrupt as it was using the microsoft drivers, not Omega, Omega drivers are SO Much better than ATi's and help having Mobility support too :D

I have an X800 Pro and it just sat on the side, COSTLY purchase and I dnt even use it as none of my powersupplies have a stable enough 12v rail Im getting a Enermax sometime soon so I will be able to use it and also a Athlon 64 or may go for a Dual Opteron Cude Costly but should fly, mind you ever tried finding benchmark result Opteron VS Athlon 64? or against p4? when it comes to games its a no go for Opteron benchmarks, then again they are server chips