Diskeeper Build 524 Update Integration ?

n7Epsilon

Hi,

Just in, is a new Diskeeper Build 524, which I can download by checking for updates using Diskeeper Pro 9.0...

--> So, now I want to integrate the new Diskeeper Build on the CD...

--> I am only on dial-up !! and I don't want to download the full installer again....

--> Is is possible by any means to somehow integrate the new Diskeeper update into the main (Build 515-Retail) installer (which I got when I purchased the program), to install the latest build directly from my Unattended CD...???

---> As far as I know, I think the only difference between the update installer and the original installer, is that the update installer looks for the older build before copying the new files since the size of the update is almost as large as the full installer.. :}

--> I downloaded the full Build 524 Update and I really don't want to download the whole thing again, the wait is traumatizing on 56K dial-up !!! :angry:

BTW, the update like is here:

Diskeeper Update

if you have the original installer, you could run that, and then run the updater after the original was finished.

If you only want to run one file, you need the full installer of the latest build

The msi in the update package is not a full install...it looks for an existing install and terminates if one is not found.

I ran the original diskeeper.msi with the /a switch to create an administrative install. Then ran the update diskeeper.msi with the /a switch, which updates the administrative install.

Installing the updated administrative diskeeper.msi (delete the update msi file in the administrative folder and use WinRAR to compress the remaining files in the administrative install folder) with the /qb switch then works and installs build 524.

Interesting, so you were able to actually update the AIP with the second MSI? Hmm, I didn't think you could do that unless it was an MSP.

EDIT: And there's ways around that little update check if you know Orca, not that I can say anything more about that here ;):P

• 1 month later...
I ran the original diskeeper.msi with the /a switch

Frank, I think you mean you ran the .exe vice the .msi to create the admin install? It threw me for a loop the first time I tried it. Anyhoo, thanks for the great insight, your method works fabulously.

@ChipCraze23 As Frank said:

I ran the original diskeeper.msi with the /a switch to create an administrative install. Then ran the update diskeeper.msi with the /a switch, which updates the administrative install.

Installing the updated administrative diskeeper.msi (delete the update msi file in the administrative folder and use WinRAR to compress the remaining files in the administrative install folder) with the /qb switch then works and installs build 524.

Specifically, after creating the admin install point (using the .exe vs. the .msi) and updating it with the latest download, build 524, you must delete the new .msi file from the admin install point and replace it with the original. Clearly, the original .msi file is required to defeat the "check for previous version" nag. Then run with the /qb switch and you will find version 9.0.524.0 installed on the system. I RAR'd mine using Asta's instructions. Search and you will find. :hello: