Having Windows Keep The Drivers

X-Savior

@hp38guser

Thanks for the Autoit script.

I do have a question about it though:

Somewhere in your script you use:

ProcessSetPriority ( "setup.exe", 0)

Now my question is: the "0" what exactly is it. Does it mean that windows setup will be frozen for some time (till you set the value back to 2) or is windows setup just slowed down.?

I ask this question because it takes quite some time to run SetupCopyOEMInf.exe (well not extremely much, but it still takes some time :) )

EDIT

few more questions, the arguments that you use in your winnt.sif...

[GuiUnattended]
  DetachedProgram=autoit3.exe
  Arguments="%systemroot%\System32\presetup.au3"

At that moment Autoit is not installed yet, how does it work, where do I have to place autoit3.exe (system32 folder?) and why not compile presetup.au3 to presetup.exe?

Edited by erik_demon

@hp38guser

Thanks for the Autoit script.

I do have a question about it though:

Somewhere in your script you use:

ProcessSetPriority ( "setup.exe", 0)

Now my question is: the "0" what exactly is it. Does it mean that windows setup will be frozen for some time (till you set the value back to 2) or is windows setup just slowed down.?

I ask this question because it takes quite some time to run SetupCopyOEMInf.exe (well not extremely much, but it still takes some time :) )

EDIT

few more questions, the arguments that you use in your winnt.sif...

[GuiUnattended]
  DetachedProgram=autoit3.exe
  Arguments="%systemroot%\System32\presetup.au3"

At that moment Autoit is not installed yet, how does it work, where do I have to place autoit3.exe (system32 folder?) and why not compile presetup.au3 to presetup.exe?

To set the priority of the Windows Setup to "idle" I make sure SetupCopyOemInf.exe does it work before the Hardware Installation Process begins. Because DeatchedPrograms is run parallel to the Windows Setup it makes no sense to use a start /wait command.

I have AutoIt3.exe and presetup.au3 placed in $OEM$\$$\System32. You can compile presetup.au3 to presetup.exe, however if you use a lot of scripts, it saves some of space on your cd, example: 20 scripts x 100 KB is 2 MB.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...