Ultraedit32 11a

sleepnmojo

I've been taking a look at the new ultraedit 11a, and have been trying to get the silent install to work. The method they describe in their help file doesn't seem to be working with the new installer.

The method is

• install normally
  • move install.sss to installer folder (its ueinstall.sss now)
  • rename to uesetup.sss
  • use uesetup.exe /s

If I do the last step, it installs silently, but with the installers defaults, not the options I have chosen. Has anyone gotten this to work? I had it working in 10.20c. I have tried different names of the sss file, even adding a registry key which I figured it might check, but nothing. I'm thinking it might just be easier to make an inf file, as the installation log file is pretty detailed.

You should just repack the program its easy to do. Just do the following

1: Install AvancedInstaller from http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

2:: Install ultraedit 11a the normal way and enter your serial number.

2: Create a folder called "ultraedit" in your C: drive.

3: Copy all files from "C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32" to "C:\ultraedit"

4: Download and extract the below build file and save it in C: drive

5: Right click the build file and select Build

6: In about 5 seconds you will have a silent .msi file to install with.

I have tested this out for you and i know it works, if you have different drive letters jjust open the build file and edit it.

kenny

6: In about 5 seconds you will have a silent .msi file to install with.

I have tested this out for you and i know it works, if you have different drive letters jjust open the build file and edit it.

kenny

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get home.

Thanks, ended up working pretty fast. I did add some registry keys which add it to context menus, etc. I was also able to integrate the hotfix they have for it.

Nice program, I'll probably go through it some more later, but I have a nice basic build setup.

kwpro does this still need the /qb to silently install?

There is an option to set it to just show the bar, or show a window for install. His file has it set to just show the bar. I hate switchless installers, so I have it show the window, and use /qn for a silent install.

BTW, the problem still exists in 11b. I sent an email shortly after I started the topic to idm. They sent me an email that they were looking into it. So I would assume this will get fixed around version 12 :whistle: