RyanVM's Site Discusssion

On a semi unrelated note, you can set up the file download to only work after a donation.. Send a randomly generated and logged password to that donator's email, then use the email and password combo as access to the file on an ftp server.

That will make plenty of people choose the bittorrent link over the 'faster' download :P Even if they only donate a penny its the time taken that hampers the bandwidth use.

On a semi unrelated note, you can set up the file download to only work after a donation.. Send a randomly generated and logged password to that donator's email, then use the email and password combo as access to the file on an ftp server.

That will make plenty of people choose the bittorrent link over the 'faster' download :P Even if they only donate a penny its the time taken that hampers the bandwidth use.

No longer needed. MSFN is hosting it, and untill it becomes a problem, they'll remain direct downloads.

this is really weird i just opened it in firefox and it worked... lol, for some odd reason IE won't open it past that point. probably just me...? thanks alanoll

by the way Alanoll, do you use the Pack? and are their any errors.. it just install all the updates right? sounds really good... first time i've seen it. hope it works

I've been using it for a few versions. Its great! Adds like 5 megs to your XP SP2 CD and has all the updates as of like 3 weeks ago. Ryan puts a LOT of time and effort into these discs and there are rarely any problems with them.

:lol:, I decided to take a break from adding hotfixes to check this thread. I'm down to 12 now, then I'll be caught up again (for a day :P). The next release should easily break the 100 hotfix barrier.

EDIT: And for the record, I've already added 16 today :). This has been a nice productive day between getting a bunch of hotfixes added and getting an Adobe Reader 7.0.1 installer up.

ryan, need ur help here ... sorry to trouble you ...

it's about Acrobat Reader v6.0.3 Switchless Installer ...

I tried to install this nice repacked app on my other Windows 98SE system ... the extraction went fine, and managed to start the MSI ...

after a short initialization, it suddenly exit without installing ....

is there something 'else' needed?

last time, when i use the 'older' 6.0.3 installer from ur site, it went fine ... but this 'newer' 6.0.3 installer didn't work on Win98SE system ... I've tried on 2 systems, still exit abnormally ...

any ideas?

@ buletov - huh?

@ cybpsych - First, the 6.0.3 exe is the same as it's always been.

Second, have you installed the Root Certificates Update? The easiest way to find out what the problem is would be to extract the archive with 7zip or WinRAR and manually double click the MSI and see where/why it errors out. Anyway, I've run into issues in the past where not having the Root Certificates Update installed was causing issues for some of the newer MSI-based installers.

Ok ... this is very embarassing :blushing:

Here's what i did:

:: Install Root Cert. Update --> AR603 won't install

:: Install other updates except IE6 SP1 --> AR603 won't install

:: Install IE6 SP1 --> AR603 won't install

:: Extract AR603 and ran the MSI file --> Operating system not supported!

Immediately i checked the version and found out Windows 98 ONLY!! I should've done OS checking that first! :lol: Windows 98 and 98SE looks the same.

Lesson learnt: Check the exact OS version before doing anything else! :blushing:

Note: I can't upgrade this since it's in my office, so i'll just let our MIS to deal with the upgrade :whistle: