RyanVM's Site Discusssion

hey ryanvm,

i have to burn my disc by monday night, so if you rn't gonna have 1.2.1 ready by then, can you post 1.20 full somewhere for us to download. i think if it is compressed with 7zip it should be under 30mb and able to be on rapidshare.

Looking through my logs, it appears you can thank the asshats at kpnemo.ru for jacking my bandwidth usage up so much.

I'm getting ready to just take the files off my site and post ed2k links instead. My host doesn't allow users to run bittorrent trackers, so unless any of you guys have a tracker you'll let me use (one which does NOT have pirated material on it), that's not an option.

EDIT: Mirror's up now. More information at http://www.ryanvm.net/

Putting up P2P links like ed2k or bittorent is a very good idea to safe bandwidth, but not everyone uses P2P software.

Maybe you could make the 'normal' download links only available to logged on users and show P2P links to the rest?

(I would start using the ed2k links to safe bandwidth.)

For the average user P2P is no problem. I'll vote for the Bittorrent tracker. It's the best way to distribute your stuff. However you'll need a 24/h server up somewhere.

BTW, I was a frequent user on your forum. Does that takes much bandwidth?

For the average user P2P is no problem. I'll vote for the Bittorrent tracker. It's the best way to distribute your stuff. However you'll need a 24/h server up somewhere.

Nah, the forums essentially use no bandwidth at all relatively speaking. It's the 30MB files being downloading 5000+ times (last time I checked my logs, I had over 5000 downloads of CAB files from my site this month and over 7000 exe downloads) that uses up the bandwidth :P

I vote having the two seperate approaches. Unfortunately for the sake of speed, people will avoid the P2P links. I personally am unable to use most forms of P2P while at school (stately firewall for those that know what it is)

Nah, the forums essentially use no bandwidth at all relatively speaking. It's the 30MB files being downloading 5000+ times (last time I checked my logs, I had over 5000 downloads of CAB files from my site this month and over 7000 exe downloads) that uses up the bandwidth :P

Have you checked into seeing if your host can enable "Anti-Leech"?

I've got anti-leeching on already in that my .htaccess doesn't allow any downloads unless the referrer is from my site. Unfortunately, that doesn't do any good when people just link to my site and tell people to download it from there :P

I am thinking about blocking that site's referrer from all access to it, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm getting ready to just take the files off my site and post ed2k links instead. My host doesn't allow users to run bittorrent trackers, so unless any of you guys have a tracker you'll let me use (one which does NOT have pirated material on it), that's not an option.

I can help seed some files. I can do either emule or bt. I will look into trackers some when I get off work.

read alot bout ryans pack alot and seems 2 be very good...just tryed getting it with the provided link and it says i dont have permission..any help be appreciated becos i would love 2 try this out cos updating after a format its a pain so wanna throw it on cd with slipstreamed xp sp2.....thanks guys