Serial Reboot At ~ T-30

I'm tinkering around on Virtual PC and it's been "rebooting" every time it hits about T-30 (just hit complete bar on network install). I've been being a good boy and testing out the CD after every major modification or so, but I lumped quite a few fixes in this one and I'm not sure what I messed up. I really don't want to have to sit through enough extra install cycles to test them all individually and hopefully someone knows which file I need to fix to make it complete the installation?

I'm tinkering around on Virtual PC and it's been "rebooting" every time it hits about T-30 (just hit complete bar on network install). I've been being a good boy and testing out the CD after every major modification or so, but I lumped quite a few fixes in this one and I'm not sure what I messed up.

Based on that, no one will have the first clue as to what you did that is causing this. You want to start by at least listing what changes you have made to the "stock" cd, and more importantly, what changes you made from your last build that was working properly to this build that is not.

I really don't want to have to sit through enough extra install cycles to test them all individually and hopefully someone knows which file I need to fix to make it complete the installation?

unfortunately you may not have a choice. There's a good chance noone will truly know why your system is rebooting unless they have experienced the exact same issue you are.

I know computer emulation programs sometimes can act completely different than a live machine, so have you tried that build on an actual PC?

Worked after adjusting VPC settings to +divide time equally, +run VPC at maximum speed. Although I also restarted the setup when I retried for the Nth time, so maybe it just screwed up copying the setup files or something. It had been working just fine on the previous settings for quite a few times previously, so either is possible.

Given that this forum is full of people from habitual tinkerers to seasoned veterans of the deepest arts, I figured it pretty likely someone might know what was going on given that it always happened at T-30 +/-. :)