2.0 Rc2

Gape

appp,

Sorry, but I don't understand you. These files are in the Windows ME and Windows 2000. Windows ME has originally 6.10.xxxx versions of these DLLs. (MSVCIRT.DLL is from Windows ME). What's the problem with 6.10.xxxx versions?

First, I thought that you wanted to have the most recent versions in the pack. You included old files. VC6SP6 provides the most recent (obviously by date) compatible files (all 4 of them). I see that you don't want them.

Second, the four files in the pack come from three deferent sources. This is a mess by definition. You don't treat the run-time a set of four files.

This is what I think is wrong. You may disagree.

Hi ivman, I did have a simerlar issue with RC1, what I did then was install it straight from CD (doh!) and it hardly did anything apart from make windows cycle. So I ran setup to fix windows then uninstalled uSP and reinstalled (without rebooting, again doh!). Then I got the plethora of missing files problem, I thought it was my dumb procedure which freaked it out, but maybe it just doesn't like being uninstalled. The installation from non windows drive problem is supposed to be fixed now. Can you not install from scratch?

PS you do need to reboot at every stage when installing all the parts. (IE dx drivers etc)

Gape:

I noticed you did not include newest HTML Help Update files from Win2003 SP1 RC2:

HH.EXE

HHCTRL.OCX

HHCTRLUI.DLL

HHSETUP.DLL

ITIRCL.DLL

ITSS.DLL

into SP 2.0 RC2. Maybe in the next release?

The entire HHU self-installing pack is here:

http://ftp.mdgx.com/files/HHUPD.EXE

Erpdude8 + I have both tried them on at least 5 PCs, and they work OK.

These files are newer builds than MS security patches:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms05-001.mspx

and:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms04-023.mspx

Also noticed MajorGeeks posted SP 2.0 RC2 [just in case u didn't know :)]:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4131.html

You may want to add MG to the mirrors list.

hp38guser

Gape. I see you have added back in the icon modifications. But why not update the mydocs.dll icon as well?

Why not include newer keyb.com?

I still need to translate this file, but I will only translate latest build.

what's the latest build of keyb.com?

i have the only one from 02 march 2000.

Hi ivman, I did have a simerlar issue with RC1, what I did then was install it straight from CD (doh!) and it hardly did anything apart from make windows cycle. So I ran setup to fix windows then uninstalled uSP and reinstalled (without rebooting, again doh!). Then I got the plethora of missing files problem, I thought it was my dumb procedure which freaked it out, but maybe it just doesn't like being uninstalled. The installation from non windows drive problem is supposed to be fixed now. Can you not install from scratch?

ivman & mitsubishi: This bug should be fixed on the RC2.

Hi. I'm updated win98 with sp2rc2, then I install DFX Audio Enhancer For Winamp v7.255 and DFX don't work for me. Can some one try that?

Did you get any error message? Can you give me more information?

Gape:

I noticed you did not include newest HTML Help Update files from Win2003 SP1 RC2.

OK, thanks. I'll update them.

Gape i have a question about Polish translation. I'm waiting for it but Polish translator did not release it yet. And my question is: did Pablo contact with you about the sp2.0?? Because i think he discontinue works with sp. Maybe i am wrong so if you know something please tell me about it and i'll be waiting patient. If i'm right maybe you know is there someone who wants to make a PL localization?

Gape i have a question about Polish translation. I'm waiting for it but Polish translator did not release it yet. And my question is: did Pablo contact with you about the sp2.0?? Because i think he discontinue works with sp. Maybe i am wrong so if you know something please tell me about it and i'll be waiting patient. If i'm right maybe you know is there someone who wants to make a PL localization?

Maybe he is waiting for the final release. But he didn't contact me anything about 2.0. And, I don't know anyone who wants to make PL version.

So i would like to make it but i'll need a lot of your help :) Do you agree? If you do please send me on e-mail some useful infos like what localizable and nonlocalizable patches do i need, some scripts etc.

Maybe I'm missing something, is or isn't this new generic USB driver included in this package?

If not, why not? Since the other one is removed it would be a valuable addition. Having a SP which requires you to install a different package again seem a bit a contradictory to me ;-)

Hi. I have the same problem as ivman. When I install it says I am missing many files. I did not have this problem with the older service packs. I have to click cancel to get through the srceens that say the pack is missing files. The sp then installs put I don't know if it is installed properly. Any advice ?

Anyone managed to translate the winboot.sys properly without destroying boot menu?

I did not manage to succesful replace it with Dutch one. BTW, here's the list of translated items for dutch version:

configmg.vxd
CRYPT32.DLL
CRYPTDLG.DLL
CRYPTUI.DLL
DESKW95.CPL
EXTRAC32.EXE
GDI.EXE
HTML32.CNV
IOS.VXD
KERNEL32.DLL
MPRSERV.DLL
MSAFD.DLL